Foogers in and output current?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
analogmadness

Foogers in and output current?

Post by analogmadness » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Hey fellow foogers,
im about to install my studio and i bought me a racked set of moogerfoogers loupes filter, ringed and phaser.
Nicely racked with multi power supply.
Only one problem. I feel like there is a little current coming from the in and outputs.
if i plug in a jack and hold it to my softer skin under my arm i can feel a little sting.
Is this normal behavior?
I unplugged the multi power supply and toke a original moog one, still the same, i took the filter out the rack, still the same?
Any idea's or suggestions are more the n welkom.
Thanx

facon

Re: Foogers in and output current?

Post by facon » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Is it coming from the audio in/out? Or the CV in/outs? There shouldn't be any DC voltage on the audio path. The other connections send +5V on the ring of a TRS. This is so you can use a passive device (like an expression pedal) to control the moogerfooger. The +5V goes into the pot inside an expression pedal. Then is sent through the tip of the TRS, and back to the pedal.

analogmadness

Post by analogmadness » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:28 pm

Its on the audio path to, im gonna check with my electrician if my grounding of my wall plugs are ok.
The problem probably inst the foogers.
Thanx
for your input!

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:32 am

It sounds like you have dirty power.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2