Next project almost complete

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
EricK

Re: Next project almost complete

Post by EricK » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Mr. Nutty,

The wall looks great, but when you start getting modules in there, you are going to want to totally revamp that whole corner haha. How do you compare the Sub and the Phatty? Very powerful setup there.
My modular is a Dotcom with Mos-lab, and one STG module. The Moog modules in there are substitutions for the Moslab which have no modulargrid image. The attached image is what my module compliment will be in January when the Moslab ships. Still working on getting the cabinetry sorted out though.

Bryan,
I've been admiring that laboratory of yours for years.
Attachments
Modular66u3VoiceJan16.jpg
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MRNUTTY

Post by MRNUTTY » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:40 pm

OMG SAS attack! Eric, that dwarfs your Fooger and Voyager Modular boxes! I would love some wide angles of how this is setup when you get it together.

So yes, I've definitely got some rearranging to do already. In addition to the two 16U racks above the Voyager, there will be two more 16U racks on the opposite wall. The Phatty stack has a rack of for Slim Phattys that will go above it, with some analog rackmounts like delays, spring reverb, etc... The other will have a Virus C, Novartion SuperNova, Waldorf Micro-Q, and some other VA's I haven't decided on which yet. The Fooger rack gets pushed up and 22 slot 5U cabinet gets installed with EG's, VCA's and stuff to spice it the Foogers up. You and Bryan get the blame for the last part :-) I'll probably go with Synthesizers.com for now; but you've given me some more vendors to check out. I just need to confine it to this corner, the rest of the studio is already filled with gear :-)

So, comparing the LP to the S37? Well, for now the sequencer and all the new EG modifiers impart a range of sounds that immediately set it apart; swirly, rythmic, pulsy stuff. And the LP has been for melody's, until I get the Slim Phatty's setup, then it becomes polyphonic. So many choices!
VoyagerEB, Minitaur, LittlePhattyII, 4xSlimPhatty, Sub37, MF[2x101,2x102,103,104M,105,105B,105M,2x107,108M], 3xCP251, XV351, MP201;
2xMother 32, DFAM, Subharmonicon;
System 55 and Minimoog clones with lots of mods.

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:26 am

If I was going to start over with my Modular, I would check out SSL first:

http://steamsynth.com/ModulesMU.aspx

I have the Tap Tempo LFO, Segwencer, O'Tool Oscilloscope and the Double Decker VCO in my rig right now and love them all.

I would also check out Corsynth:

http://corsynth.com/home/modules

I have their Odyssey VCO, VC LFO and Frequency Divider/Multiplier.

I also highly suggest STG Soundlabs:

http://www.stgsoundlabs.com/

I have their Post Lawsuit Arp Filter, the Sea Devils EMS Filter, Wavefolder and Mixer. I also have a bunch of sequencer based modules that I run from DIN Sync (but they can also step with a trigger input): (5) Trigger Mini Stores, (2) Shift Managers, Time Buffer, Time Divider.

As far as MU format modular goes... I also have modules from Megaohm Audio, Analog Craftsman, Moon Modular (non-USA), Club of The Knobs (non-USA) and Synthesizers.com.

I also have a 23-space cabinet of 5U (different mounting holes than MU and thinner module widths). I have a bunch of MOTM filters (MS-20, Prophet, Moog, CS80) and some other various goodies.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.