Time For New Moogerfoogers!

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Marcie609

Time For New Moogerfoogers!

Post by Marcie609 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Now that there are 2 foogers being retired, would you like to see 2 new models replace them?
or is the future in modules?
I have 5 foogers & would really like to see some Env Shapers, LFO's with wierd shapes outputting CV
& some kind of innovative CV control Seq (like the electro harmonix 8 step)

What about y'all?

Marcie609

Re: Time For New Moogerfoogers!

Post by Marcie609 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:21 pm

& something useful the same shape & size as a CP-251 so I can rack 'em!

radioland

Post by radioland » Fri May 08, 2015 2:09 pm

Now that I am owner of the jack-heavy and foogerfriendly Korg MS20 module I could see a Moog take on the ESP (external signal processor). Paired with some of our ideas from the MF-109M-thread this would definitely fill a hole...
What I`m really wondering about are the reasons for the discontinuation of the 105M and the 107: These are the most unique effects in the MF-line, they don`t feature extremely rare parts (afaik) and by the serial numbers of my three Freqboxes it seems that they were well loved.
We got the Sub Phatty and the Sub37 for the Little Phatty, which is a fair deal in my opinion, so I`m really hoping and waiting for new Moogerfooger substitutes. My favourites would be a pitch to voltage device / envelope generator / VCA and a new cp-style unit with even more cv control and at least one fully-featured (L)FO.

Cheers, radioland
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-107 (3), MF-108M, CP-251 (2), EP-2, Gibson Les Paul Studio 60s Tribute, Fender 50s Precision Bass, EBS Valve Drive, Lehle Sunday Driver, EHX Big Muff Pi, EHX Stereo Pulsar, TC Electronic Trinity Reverb, Logic Pro X

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Fri May 08, 2015 2:45 pm

I am hoping to see a MIDI FreqBox, that would be great! they would have to tighten up the v/oct to do that I bet.

maybe they will replace the MIDI MuRF with some kind of Mini sequencer?

Maybe they have slated all of the Foogers to fade away to be replaced by minifoogers?
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Fri May 08, 2015 2:48 pm

You can make complex LFO's with the CP-251. put 4 LFO's into the mixer and adjust to taste. The VC LFO is great too, just use another cv source to control the LFO rate. even using a few drastically different LFO's as cv inputs to the same pedal will usually fake a complex LFO to my ears.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

scottingham

Post by scottingham » Mon May 11, 2015 10:56 am

I think a 'Fooger based on the 914 module would be pretty sick. A moog filterbank with a HPF option...please!

While I think this is total 'dream' territory, I'd like to see a digital delay paired with the LPF in a 'fooger format. I have the mf104m, and it's great. A crisp digital one with some solid filtering options would be a killer addition.

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Mon May 11, 2015 9:31 pm

scottingham wrote:While I think this is total 'dream' territory, I'd like to see a digital delay paired with the LPF in a 'fooger format. I have the mf104m, and it's great. A crisp digital one with some solid filtering options would be a killer addition.
No, thanks. I would much rather see Moog stick with the pure analog audio path and leave digital whatever to others.
Voyager EB #165, T3 #292, MF-101, 102, 103, 104SD, 2x104MSD, 105M, 107, 108M, MP-201, VX-351, CP-251, Frostwave Fat Controller.

benulous

Post by benulous » Tue May 12, 2015 8:19 am

I'd really like to see a reverb unit and, perhaps, an affordable sequencer alternative to the Cirklon.
-Ben
http://www.facebook.com/slowearth
http://www.slowearth.bandcamp.com
White Voyager XL, 2xM32s, Theremini, 7xMoogerfoogers, NordLead2, Access Indigo2, Eventide Space, Alesis Wedge
Bass Guitars (Moog Drive, FX25, SYB5, FX72, ODB3, Markbass Compressore)

FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood » Sat May 16, 2015 8:31 am

+1 for a MoogerFooger reverb

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sat May 16, 2015 9:46 pm

I still (always) wonder if they might someday make a utility CV MoogerFooger or CP/VX format device that has a pair of control voltage envelopes, a looping LFO or two, a VCA, etc.

There are plenty of people with Foogertron type setups that would use such an animal. It seems to be the one thing missing from an all Moog pedal based synth but then again, the FreqBox is going bye bye.

I think Moog has done well with the MiniFoogers but I have no clue how good take up has been; certainly, the Engineering and marketing is very very smart, build is fast, and cost to manufacturer is low. I'm not saying it's "cheaply" made, just that the design (if you look inside one and consider what type of human intervention would be required) is fairly simple. And board fab, also fairly simple with a minimum of parts.

They will see 4-6 $150 MiniFoogers for every single $600 MoogerFooger. The suite spot of the price range appears to be between the dirt cheap EHX pedals and the $179 price range; people happy to pick up any pedal in that range, and then put it on the for sale block if they don't get along with it. The Moog (minifooger) stuff is raw and present, working class, get the job done.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

benulous

Post by benulous » Sun May 17, 2015 8:50 am

EMwhite wrote:I still (always) wonder if they might someday make a utility CV MoogerFooger or CP/VX format device that has a pair of control voltage envelopes, a looping LFO or two, a VCA, etc.
Looping LFO would be a great addition. I wonder why they never released anything like that before in one of their boxes? It's could be so useful.
-Ben
http://www.facebook.com/slowearth
http://www.slowearth.bandcamp.com
White Voyager XL, 2xM32s, Theremini, 7xMoogerfoogers, NordLead2, Access Indigo2, Eventide Space, Alesis Wedge
Bass Guitars (Moog Drive, FX25, SYB5, FX72, ODB3, Markbass Compressore)

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun May 17, 2015 9:09 am

Sorry, what is a looping LFO with regard to a classic LFO?

radioland

Post by radioland » Mon May 18, 2015 10:54 am

benulous wrote:
EMwhite wrote:I still (always) wonder if they might someday make a utility CV MoogerFooger or CP/VX format device that has a pair of control voltage envelopes, a looping LFO or two, a VCA, etc.
Looping LFO would be a great addition. I wonder why they never released anything like that before in one of their boxes? It's could be so useful.
I guess you meant "looping envelopes", which would be great to have! I love the LFOs on the Delay and the ClusterFlux and I`d like to have one or two of these multi-waveform VC LFOs in a cp-style box.
We dreamed about the missing env/gate/vca-Fooger a lot last year in this thread: http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21547

Maybe there`s hope for such a thing, but as the FreqBox is discontinued this would leave the Moogertron incomplete again. Somehow I can`t imagine Moog to make no successors to the 105M and the 107, but how would they improve those two? Maybe they will produce a 107M with more stable pitch tracking and an octave selector, or a 105M with sequence out?

Cheers, radioland
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-107 (3), MF-108M, CP-251 (2), EP-2, Gibson Les Paul Studio 60s Tribute, Fender 50s Precision Bass, EBS Valve Drive, Lehle Sunday Driver, EHX Big Muff Pi, EHX Stereo Pulsar, TC Electronic Trinity Reverb, Logic Pro X

stewdio

Post by stewdio » Mon May 18, 2015 12:21 pm

A 914-esque fixed filter bank moogerfooger would be amazing - with control voltage inputs!

I'm glad I got my 104M when I did, but I'm sure there will be a fantastic new 104 version on the way with a more available BBD chip and we can all argue that the old ones are better because that's what we do 8)
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Mon May 18, 2015 11:37 pm

stewdio wrote:A 914-esque fixed filter bank moogerfooger would be amazing - with control voltage inputs!

I)

I'd love a 914ish thing. It is one reason i'm thinking about a 5U system.