104M tap tempo multiplier

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
expiredharmonix

104M tap tempo multiplier

Post by expiredharmonix » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:39 pm

The truth is: after a few beers it's getting hard to tap those dotted eights accurately... so please add a tap-tempo multiplier function to a future firmware update.
Here is a possible idea...
When a delay time is tapped, the time potentiometer is not playing a role (OK... in my case). So what if the calculated tempo would depend on the position of the time pot?
Explanation:
mf104m_multip.jpg

Vsyevolod

Re: 104M tap tempo multiplier

Post by Vsyevolod » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Because moving the Delay knob once you're in Tap Tempo mode immediately takes you out of Tap Tempo mode. How are you going to get around that (in an easy intuitive way)?

Stephen

expiredharmonix

Post by expiredharmonix » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:48 pm

That's not a problem. In my imagination it works like this:
If you turn the time knob fully clockwise, then tap the tempo, it would divide the calculated delay time by 4 (multiply the tempo by 4).
If the time pot is in full CCW position, and the tempo is tapped, the 104M would work as now.
Knob at 1 o'clock... then tap-tap-tap... = tempo x2...

Of course, after moving the time pot it would jump to the tempo set by the time pot... the way it behaves with the current firmware.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:35 pm

That is: the tapped tempo division depends on the position of the TIME knob beforehands? I'm not sure it is so intuitive.
Hey, how about that: switch to LONG mode, tap dotter quaters and back to SHORT mode.

Ok ok, this is not better :lol: