Feeding a negative CV to moogerfoogers

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
A Lyttle Folk

Feeding a negative CV to moogerfoogers

Post by A Lyttle Folk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:06 am

Hello there - OK, so I posted this in the minifooger forum by accident, but now it's where it belongs!

I would like to use the LFO on my XL to feed CVto my 'foogers but the 'fooger manuals all state that they accept CV between 0 and 5 volts. Well, it's possible, of course, to use the attenuator section on the XL to get round that but really I'd like to know if putting that negative voltage into the 'foogers is actually going to cause any damage. I saw a comment somewhere that suggested that on the filter at least that the whole range could ONLY be addressed by using a bipolar voltage. So...if anyone has an opinion to offer I'd be grateful to hear it please.

Many Thanks

Alien8

Re: Feeding a negative CV to moogerfoogers

Post by Alien8 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:53 am

It varies from pedal to pedal. Do a quick manual read in the technical notes section at the back to find out. From what I recall, sending negative voltage wont hurt the unit, it just doesn't do anything.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

A Lyttle Folk

Re: Feeding a negative CV to moogerfoogers

Post by A Lyttle Folk » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:57 pm

thanks, that sounds like the way to go!