MF Compressor?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
FourLegsGood

MF Compressor?

Post by FourLegsGood » Sun May 25, 2014 9:46 pm

With the release of the Minifooger Drive + Boost pedals I'm just steps away from completing my all-Moog pedalboard (which I intend to take out on tour this Autumn). The only things I'm truly lacking are Reverb and Compression. I've detailed a workaround for the reverb here: http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21388

However, I'd love to see a Moogerfooger/Minifooger take on compression. Right now, I'm using a Janglebox JB2 and, while I love it, I'd be thrilled to see Moog's take on compression for guitar (replete with treble boost, etc)

Too bad the Analog Time Compressor never made it to market (in this dimension, anyways :wink: )

facon

Re: MF Compressor?

Post by facon » Fri May 30, 2014 9:58 am

It's not the most efficient way, but you should be able to achieve compression using an MF-101 and a CP-251. You could reverse and attenuate the voltage of the envelope follower, lower the filter beyond the audible range and use it to control the mix cv. Even better would be to use the boost instead of the filter/mix combo. You could also play with the lag processor to adjust the attack and release.

aaronharmon

Re: MF Compressor?

Post by aaronharmon » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:03 am

Or..... Just buy a compressor.. Just saying... Look at the new Kelley compressor pro. Should be out very soon

andybutler

Re: MF Compressor? MF-101 + patch cable

Post by andybutler » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:34 pm

MF 101
Patch Env Out to Mix In
Turn Mix, Freq and Q all down to zero.

Now the Env will push up the mix, which decreases the dry signal.
The Wet signal is zero, as you turned down the frequency to sub audio.

Turning up the drive increases Compression.

Not going to say it's a good compressor, you'll have to decide that, but it works.