Possibly the best Multi-Fooger power supply

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
drcarver

Possibly the best Multi-Fooger power supply

Post by drcarver » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:11 pm

So I posted this here a while back as a nice option for powering multiple Foogers. Since then, I decided to buy one and see how I liked it. So far, I like it a lot. I'm using it to power an MF-102 with several other 9v pedals, and I'm adding a MF-108m and MF-103 in the next couple of weeks. What seem to be the biggest perks of this unit are the 4 variable channels that give you the ability to dial in your power settings. It's max output is 350mA, so you don't need to double up any cables for the higher powered pedals.

P.S. I'm not affiliated with this company at all, but so far their product seems to be a nice solution for power. Plus, they are nice people to deal with. Just thought you folks might be interested! :mrgreen:

http://www.electronbluemusic.com/Blue_Power_12.html

Last edited by drcarver on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New album available!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/chriscarver

SSquirrel

Re: Possibly the best Multi-Fooger power supply

Post by SSquirrel » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:09 am

Wow that looks pretty awesome. I love pedals and while it's fun to pull out a ton of them and chain them up, a) need to add a line conditioner pedal or 2 to the chain heh and b)worrying about all those batteries and/or wall warts sucks. That is definitely something to put on the list.

opal gann

Post by opal gann » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:53 pm

I have been watching this one since you first posted in the other thread about a multi power supply...still looking for the best solution for powering all my foogers...How are you changing the outputs to center + positive from the standard center-negative outputs on the back panel that are included?...btw this does look pretty cool as well...

drcarver

Post by drcarver » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:00 pm

All you need is a negative polarity cable. I found some at Voodoo Lab.
New album available!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:32 pm

drcarver wrote:All you need is a negative polarity cable. I found some at Voodoo Lab.
Or you can do the old snip and flip yourself. :)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:48 pm

drcarver wrote:So I posted this here a while back as a nice option for powering multiple Foogers. Since then, I decided to buy one and see how I liked it. So far, I like it a lot. I'm using it to power a MF-105M and MF-102 with several other 9v pedals, and I'm adding a MF-108m and MF-103 in the next couple of weeks. What seem to be the biggest perks of this unit are the 4 variable channels that give you the ability to dial in your power settings. It's max output is 350mA, so you don't need to double up any cables for the higher powered pedals.

P.S. I'm not affiliated with this company at all, but so far their product seems to be a nice solution for power. Plus, they are nice people to deal with. Just thought you folks might be interested! :mrgreen:

http://www.electronbluemusic.com/Blue_Power_12.html

Can this be used to simulate low batteries for different sounds?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

drcarver

Post by drcarver » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Yup...I haven't experimented with it too much (I'm in the middle of a move) but you can lag the power a bit. :D
New album available!

expiredharmonix

Post by expiredharmonix » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:11 am

i'm using this:
working well, and cheap

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Thu May 31, 2012 3:44 am

+1 Blue Power 12 powering MF-103, MF-104, MF-108M and CP-251 with negative polarity Voodoo Lab cables. EBM even setup a special request to ship to New Zealand. 8)
Aaron Mulqueen: Moog Subsequent 37 - MF 104M

Roy

Post by Roy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:20 pm

expiredharmonix wrote:i'm using this:
working well, and cheap
Is that 12V out? What does that do to your foogers?

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:12 am

Any Blue Power 12 users experiencing power fade out with multiple moogerfoogers connected to 9V-18V 350mA variable channels? MF-108M and MF-104 die after a minute or two usage.

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 pm

I've recently received an email from Tom of Electron Blue Music regarding the Blue Power 12 power fading and he says "The channels are actually made to shut down if they overcurrent/ overheat, so they are really functioning as they're supposed to. It's just that those pedals are asking for current beyond the device ratings at that voltage.". Hmmm... possibly not the best multi-fooger power solution.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 am

Has anyone found a better solution?

What about the Voodoo Labs PP2 plus? Anybody use one to power their foogers?

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 am

Voodoo Lab has some great new power supplies. I'm currently running both a Pedal Power 2+ and a Pedal Power Digital. There is also a new product they are about to release called the Pedal Power 4x4. Check it out - 8 outputs, 4 of which are 400ma and 12v capable. The other 4 are 100ma. There is enough power there to cover most Moogerfooger setups with some smart cabling.

The combination I'm using is great for my purpose as I have a rack mount kit for my foogers that I transfer from pedalboard to rack depending on my location. The PPD moves with it via Velcro. The PP2+ stays on my board to power all my non Moog pedals, and does it well!

I will post a pic soon...
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Mr Shave

Post by Mr Shave » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Some of us have CIOKS power supplies. I have one, they are pricey, but when i got it, I was hella impressed. That thing is built like a tank. Its got some serious mass to it, it just sounds like quality! Also, it made my foogers 200% quieter on the noise front.

Havent tried the Voodoo Labs, but a lot of people here like them. I would recommend the CIOKs for sure though. They have all sorts of cables, so just make sure you order the right one for the foogers.