sequencer for my voyager

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
sepukku

sequencer for my voyager

Post by sepukku » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:06 pm

hey y'all.

I've been trying to use my sp-505 as a midi controler in order to trigger pattern sequences in my voyager. My problem is that, as far as I can tell the sp-505 will only allow you to sequence patterns within one octave. I like the idea of using an external sequencing device to trigger patterns durring live sets, prefferably hardware based. If anyone knows something i don't know about the 505, i.e. how to program patterns dealing with multiple octaves, or if anyone knows of a device that might better suit me for this purpose please let me know.

peace-

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:00 pm

I use the german Schrittmacher for sequences. But because you won't need 32 lines for a single Voyager, this is only recommended for a whole set of synths. But the possibility of using the MIDI CCs on a different line with a different speed or length is hypnotic.

Before that, I used the rare EEH DS500 digital sequencer with a single CV out. And my unit was later modified with an MIDI out. But don't think this MIDI out will cut off notes when stopped while a note is played. Anyway, nice loop and counter options for complex repitions.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

sepukku

Post by sepukku » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:36 pm

Qwave-

Thanks for introducing me to this piece of gear. I read the tech specs on this thing and it seems to be just what i'm looking for in a sequencer. If any of you gear heads out there have any other suggestions, send em' my way.

StefanH

Post by StefanH » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:37 am

Take also a look at Doepfer's MAQ 16/3, which via Midi and CV/Gate!
There is a nice one from synthesizer.com, but you nee to build you own case for housing this one, or P3, which is also a very flexible tool (midi only) (by Clib Frazer). Use google to find more....