Need help with Windy Night

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Goobo

Need help with Windy Night

Post by Goobo » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:32 pm

I am running OS 2.1. I have the sound bank installed that has the sound "Windy Night" at sound number 128. After installing the sound bank I went through all the steps to initialize all the stuff.

I want to play the sound on Halloween night continuously. I have the keyboard switch set to ON/EXTERNAL. The sound fades in volume slowly. If I flip the rocker switch from KEYBOARD back to ON/EXTERNAL the sound gets loud again but starts a slow fade. The volume fade is slow, it is not noticable for several minutes.

I thought that with the switch in the ON/EXTERNAL position, the sound would stay on at full volume.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Andy

Fenix Le

Post by Fenix Le » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:41 am

put a little weight on one of the keys. =)

tunedLow

Post by tunedLow » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:33 am

I had a similar problem when trying to run a guitar through the audio-in jack, this is what one of this forums mods replied:

When you switch the envelope gate switch to Ext/On - it is looking at the Envelope Gate input jack. With nothing plugged in - the jack has a gate-on voltage. When you first flip this switch, a gate signal is then sent to the envelopes, and the envelopes cycle through the attack and decay phases and end up at the sustain phase. Where you have this set (or what value is stored in a preset) will determine the loudness of the sustained sound. If you want an instrument connected to the Ext.Audio In jack to go through the Voyager at max. level while the envelope gate is on, vol. sustain should be all the way up.
I since gotten it to work correctly, and I think that putting my sustains all the way up fixed it. So you may try that.

Goobo

Post by Goobo » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:51 am

I did not think of that, I will surely set the sustains up so it will run at full throttle.

I put an amp in the garage and run the mini from inside the house. I put the volume way up and the garage acts as a resonator the scary wind sound really surrounds the front door as the kidlets come on Halloween. It makes for a good "Munster House" thing.

I do appreciate the tip.

Thanks for that!!!!!
Andy