Post your Old School serial number!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
moogslob

Re: Post your Old School serial number!

Post by moogslob » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:50 pm

been looking forward to this post!
Carolina Beach, NC !! :D
Voyager Old School, Etherwave Theremin, Wurlitzer 200A, MS2000, Gretsch Anni, dinged up surfboard x 2

http://www.moped10.com

gurleenkaur

Post by gurleenkaur » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:49 am

2628.....i passes with this....lols...

Monger

Post by Monger » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:53 am

Just out of curiosity..anyone know how many OS's were built total? I proudly own #76 and wonder how many others on the planet got a kiss of this good luck?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Monger wrote:Just out of curiosity..anyone know how many OS's were built total? I proudly own #76 and wonder how many others on the planet got a kiss of this good luck?
AFAIK, they started another production run after the first run was discontinued. Initially, 2500 were built. Yours was in the first run, from what I can tell with your SN. Not sure how many followed. Anyone know if these beautiful machines are still being produced?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

diddi_jo

Post by diddi_jo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:56 am

2,500?
Voyager OS, Prophet 08, Rhodes MkI 73, NordLead2 and more...

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:13 pm

I thought the first run was only 500 in fact somebody around here has a certificate that say something like 'Congrats you have the last Old School off the line'.

Then numbers in the 500s and 600s started showing up.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

miniluke

Post by miniluke » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:09 pm

gurleenkaur wrote:2628.....i passes with this....lols...
2628 ?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm

diddi_jo wrote:2,500?
Damn it, I was at work on a rubber keyboard when I typed that. I meant 500, but the two didn't delete. :oops:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Here's the posting I was referring to. It's actually buried within this thread.

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... ber#p78228
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:10 pm

EMwhite wrote:Here's the posting I was referring to. It's actually buried within this thread.
http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... ber#p78228
Yeah. They decided to make some more.
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

moogslob

Post by moogslob » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:33 am

I doubt the grand total's over 1000, but it'd be nice to know the "real" total-
Voyager Old School, Etherwave Theremin, Wurlitzer 200A, MS2000, Gretsch Anni, dinged up surfboard x 2

xmit

Post by xmit » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:13 pm

:( I'm in a bit of a bad mood today - even if a thousand were made, you'd think the QA level would be high.

Just got my repair bill of £215.00 GBP ( Plus shipping ) for my VOS which is 2 months out of warranty - OSC 3 just packed up completely.
This is the 2nd time it's been back - the first time it the analogue board had to be replaced - at least then it was only 6 months old and that was done under warranty, otherwise that would be around £450.00 worth of servicing already.
I know it's just bad luck, but I've got to say I'm a tad disappointed with what is a fairly expensive 'quality' instrument - heck I've owned cheap-ass japanese stuff in the past that's lasted 15 years without a murmur...

anyway, moan over ! I love my Old School dearly, but I just hope this is the last time she costs me a wad of cash, at least for a good few years. :?

miniluke

Post by miniluke » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 pm

vintagesynthshop says:

The Moog VOYAGER OLD SCHOOL is no longer manufactured, less than 700 were produced and the success is here, only a few pieces are available worldwide. Vintagesynthshop is honored to offer for sale some of the last few copies. We are official Moog dealer, the Moog Voyager Old School for sale here is new in its box, and come with a one year manufacturer's warranty.

moogslob

Post by moogslob » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm in a bit of a bad mood today - even if a thousand were made, you'd think the QA level would be high.

Just got my repair bill of £215.00 GBP ( Plus shipping ) for my VOS which is 2 months out of warranty - OSC 3 just packed up completely.
This is the 2nd time it's been back - the first time it the analogue board had to be replaced - at least then it was only 6 months old and that was done under warranty, otherwise that would be around £450.00 worth of servicing already.
I know it's just bad luck, but I've got to say I'm a tad disappointed with what is a fairly expensive 'quality' instrument - heck I've owned cheap-ass japanese stuff in the past that's lasted 15 years without a murmur...
yikes!
mine's been rock solid, so far... I guess living in NC is lucky, repair-wise, but I'd be S.O.L. gig-wise without my OS, since I sold my Rogue and LP to get it! I hope for your sake and the rest of us, your issues were isolated and not a common thing we should all prepare ourselves for!

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:17 pm

xmit wrote::( I'm in a bit of a bad mood today - even if a thousand were made, you'd think the QA level would be high.

anyway, moan over ! I love my Old School dearly, but I just hope this is the last time she costs me a wad of cash, at least for a good few years. :?
You can take solace in the fact that, back when I had it, my VOS broke down also under warranty. The S&H circuit went belly-up. It was sent to a local Moog authorized repair center. It came back in about a week, still not completely fixed (de-synchronization of the clock pulse for the S&H). So back out to the repair center it went. This time it took 3 weeks, because they finally had to replace the whole analog board and were waiting for the ordered part from Moog. It came back finally fixed. But the calibration on it was barely acceptable at best. I sold it shortly after, at a loss because I explained everything that had happened to it to a local buyer, with all the paperwork (I'm honest).

My best friend still has his, which he bought about the same time as I did mine, and his is still fine. Although the calibration from the factory on his VOS is not as good as some regular Voyagers I've heard. Especially the octave range switches.

Today, thanks to my "almost" money-back on getting rid of my VOS, I could afford a Minimoog D when I was lucky enough to find one at a reasonable price for a unit in serious need of TLC. But at least I could fix it myself, thanks to knowledgeable and generous people who have made technical documentation available. Good luck finding the service manual for a Voyager, Old School or not !

As for defective VOS, maybe we were both very unlucky ? I hope.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, I had serial number 0087.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion