How to use as External Effects Processor

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
prouser

How to use as External Effects Processor

Post by prouser » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello,

Long time moog fan new virgin moog owner :D I recently bought the new reissued minimoog model d, and I would like to use it as an external effects processor but not sure how to do this. I am on Logic Pro X, if someone can give me a step by step from actual hardware wiring to software i/o setting I would greatly appreciated.

Chimponaut

Re: How to use as External Effects Processor

Post by Chimponaut » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:45 pm

I don't use Logic, Nuendo here but the ideas are the same. You need to send a signal out of your audio card hardware to the input of the Moog. I do this with an aux send that is then routed to a physical output on my audio card. From there, it's just a matter of getting the signal to the Moog input. Once you have the wiring all setup don't forget that you need to have a key pressed on the Moog to hear the sound being fed into it. I used to use a piece of tape on my old original Model D to hold a key down while I tweaked the various sound shaping tools. The Sub 37 has a latch setting on the Amg EG though which makes it a little easier.

Hope this helps.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

prouser

Re: How to use as External Effects Processor

Post by prouser » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Thank you for the reply, my mistake was not holding one of the keys down :D