Where to buy parts for the Voyager? Please help-

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
NeoProg

Where to buy parts for the Voyager? Please help-

Post by NeoProg » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:06 am

8 months ago I had an accident and my Voyager fell from my keyboard stand and hit something so one of the potentiometers broke.
Easy fix I thought and sent an email to the service center at at the Norwegian distributor to get it replaced by a new one. They told me they had to order the part as they were out of stock and that it should take a week or two to get it, but then after a couple of months they came back telling me they so far had not received anything from Moog, and even worse, they had not heard back from Moog regarding their parts order.

So I sent an email and tried to order the part directly from Moog, but no answer either. Emails can be rejected by spam filters, so I also sent a request through their web site, but still no answer.

Then I tried to get the potentiometer from third party suppliers, but had not luck there either as they say thy are sold out.

Today I sent an email again to ProLyd in Norway, and to my surprise they had still not been able to get the potentiometer from Moog.

So is this a typical problem? Don't they offer parts for these machines anymore? I am getting really frustrated, I love my Voyager, but I am starting to think Moog customer support is pretty bad now.

So, does anyone know where I can get this so I can get my Moog repaired? The potentiometer that broke is the one for OSC3 Wave adjustments, but I think they are all the same.

Thanks

HookedOnSonics

Re: Where to buy parts for the Voyager? Please help-

Post by HookedOnSonics » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:00 am

Have you tried calling the fine folks at Moog directly? Realize that it's a phone cost, maybe setup Skype and dial them up. I have never had an issue with direct contact via phone. I think Norway is a six hour difference. Moog is located US, East Coast, maybe try them around 4pm your time?
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII