Voyager OS - value

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
robak84

Voyager OS - value

Post by robak84 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:41 am

What's the value of Voyagers OS now? I'm thinking about owning one. The seller wants 2300 euro for it. It's slightly less than used performer ed, but I don't need any midi connectivity nor patches. I like the clean faceplate of the OS. What you guys think?

EMwhite

Re: Voyager OS - value

Post by EMwhite » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:19 pm

The value is equal to your agreeing on price with the bloke selling it such that the condition meets what you are after.

I say that because I've seen them for $2000 on eBay (in the states), and have seen full blown Voyagers for not much more than that.

At some point, maybe, the VOS's will be coveted and demand a premium.

I bought one new some years back, traded 'up' for a Voyager; realized my mistake. Ultimately, I bought a vintage Minimoog.

I would definitely recommend a VOS, they are great but 2300 Euro sounds a bit high unless of course, there are only 10 of them in Europe and nobody is selling them? Have a look at the owners serial number registry in this forum to get an idea of the amount of them in Europe/UK vs. elsewhere. Remember, there were only 500 or 600 or 700 of them made. Literally multiple thousands of the Voyagers in various format/special editions made.

Also keep your eyes out for a relatively low serial number if you can manage. Mine was 379 and it was solid as a rock. I think I read somewhere her that somebody with a newer serial # was hit by the Ti chip analog board problems. I experienced the Ti chip problem in my Voyager (which was a Select from Sweetwater) so in that regard, older is better.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

EMwhite

Re: Voyager OS - value

Post by EMwhite » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Not sure where you are located but this one appears to have NOT sold: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moog-Voyager-Ol ... 7675.l2557

Looks to be just slightly more than 2000 Euro and includes a flight case. Finding one 'in country' I suppose is best due to potential tariff and shipping hassle.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!