sequencing voyager with sub 37

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
slick

sequencing voyager with sub 37

Post by slick » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:03 pm

If I want to create, modulate and play eveything on the Voyager XL and its keyboard, but use the SUB 37 sequencer to process the result, what is the best connection between the two units? Or is it even possible? I'm having trouble getting the desired result.

midilifestyle

Re: sequencing voyager with sub 37

Post by midilifestyle » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:53 pm

I'm not sure about this because my Voyager is in the US while I'm in Mexico, but just another possible idea: a standalone sequencer that does a lot of what the sub 37 does. The midipal by mutable instruments is discontinued, but I won one on the 'bay for around $200. They come up on there every month or so, and if you set ebay to notify you they are totally attainable.

Perhaps that's offensive suggesting that you could buy more gear, given that you already spent thousands on synthesizers, but if you get stuck, the option always exists 8)

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:15 pm

I would say the only possibility is to use MIDI, since the 37 does not have any CV outs.

TimeEchoProductions

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:09 pm

It is done through connecting the midi(din) out of the sub 37 to the midi in of the Voyager.
There may need to be some tweaking of the settings of the Sub 37 as it has different options for
what it send out of it's midi port.

I have not done this but I am very interested in it, and I know it has been reported to work by
other forum members. Demon Dan seems to know quite a bit about it.

I looked but couldn't find the thread where Demon Dan talks about the functionality.
It's on here somewhere.

I do have a personal question about it myself, and maybe if Demon Dan gets a minute,
and he sees this thread, he might be so kind as to chime in.

If you are sequencing the Voyager with the Sub 37,
and you Select Looping and Latched Envelopes on the Sub 37,
does this make the Voyager envelopes loop as well?
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer