Categorizing Patches

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
monads

Categorizing Patches

Post by monads » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:48 am

With V.3 and the memory board expansion I was wondering if anyone categorizes their patches in the patch name? I've been thinking about it because yea we can scroll through patches real quick now with the External Knob feature (very awesome) but scrolling to find what if you know what I mean? I guess a two character ID would help, LD for lead, PD for pads, Or for orgran, FX for special effects and etc. Now if I can just find the time to go back and add these to my patches.

AFS

Post by AFS » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:19 pm

:?:

Wouldn't it be a great idea if you could screw to the letters with the audio in pot while naming presets also?!? I have my voyager for one week! (rme no. 423) everything is great but naming patches is nasty!

:!:
Filter here, Waveform there, a moog sounds very true and fair.

monads

Post by monads » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:45 pm

AFS wrote:Wouldn't it be a great idea if you could screw to the letters with the audio in pot while naming presets also?
I must admit I was confused when you said "screw" and thought your post was spam being your first post. Then I saw you meant "scroll" :lol: That would be a cool feature in lieu of using the keyboard.

Welcome to the voyager family!

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:45 pm

AFS wrote:Wouldn't it be a great idea if you could screw to the letters with the audio in pot while naming presets also?!?
Actually not a bad idea! Maybe something Rudi can work on in the next OS update...
AFS wrote:I have my voyager for one week! (rme no. 423) everything is great but naming patches is nasty!
Get the Editor software. Among its many, many advantages, it simplifies the naming of patches.

Greg

AFS

Post by AFS » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:17 pm

monads wrote:
AFS wrote:I was confused when you said "screw" and thought your post was spam being your first post. Then I saw you meant "scroll" :lol: That would be a cool feature in lieu of using the keyboard.

Welcome to the voyager family!
Thank you!

In Germany we use the word "screw" (schrauben) when controlling knobs :-)
But its common speech, you wont find in dictionaries....
Filter here, Waveform there, a moog sounds very true and fair.