Nothing but Voyager in the box.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Cenydd Ros

Nothing but Voyager in the box.

Post by Cenydd Ros » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:46 pm

When I got my Voyager (finally, after a month of waiting) there was nothing in the box but the synth and cord. Is that normal?
No warranty papers, no manual, no sticker.
I would have thought I would at least get a warranty flier.
We're in the building where they make us grow
And I'm frightened by the liquid engineers
Like you

Ledbetter

Re: Nothing but Voyager in the box.

Post by Ledbetter » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:50 pm

Yes, you should have got a manual and warranty papers. And a sticker, I think. Can you contact the seller to obtain them?
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

enossified

Post by enossified » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:07 pm

What country are you in? Are you sure it's an authorized dealer? Was it sold as a restock?

Cenydd Ros

Post by Cenydd Ros » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:10 pm

I bought it new from Guitar Center, then had to wait for a month because they said it was on back order. It came in a box direct from Moog (so they say).
Like you

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:25 am

Your situation is of course annoying but you can download the manual and register online. There is no sticker in the box, you are supposed to get one when you register... But don't count on it, their record is not that good in the sending stickers department.
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

enossified

Post by enossified » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:59 am

Cenydd Ros wrote:I bought it new from Guitar Center, then had to wait for a month because they said it was on back order. It came in a box direct from Moog (so they say).
Good old GC...was the box sealed? Sounds like they really gave you a customer return, factory B-stock or a floor model.

I'd file a complaint with the store manager and also let Moog customer service know about it...but then I get cranky when I just gave GC $3000.

Cenydd Ros

Post by Cenydd Ros » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:11 pm

I've sent the serial number to Moog and requested to know when it left their factory and if it was an A-stock item.
Like you

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:12 am

Moog usually seals their Voyagers in plastic with Moog tape, so if you see Moog tape that is cut you know it isn't factory sealed.

I'd love some of that tape by the way.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

kbmh

Post by kbmh » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:38 pm

Though some sellers (like Sweetwater) do open and update the software. Not sure if Guitar Center does the same thing.
Moog Voyager Select Series, Etherwave Plus, Nord Electro 3, Nord Lead 2X, Korg MS-20 Mini, DSI Mopho Keyboard, Korg ARP Odyssey, Electribe R mkII, Moogerfooger MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105, MF-108M, CP-251, VX-351, Moog Werkstatt-01, Doepfer Dark Time.

enossified

Post by enossified » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Guitar Center does lots of funny things.

For example, as soon as they get a guitar off the UPS truck, if it shipped with a case they take the guitar out of the case to hang up on the wall, stash the case in the back room and charge you extra for it when you buy the guitar.

I bought a Korg Radias when they were blowing them out. The box was open, no manual, no software disk and no vocoder mike. The first two I could get online and the mike was cheap junk so I didn't care since I was saving a lot of money. But they claimed the unit was "new"...right, as soon as it arrived off the UPS truck you opened it up and took everything except the synth and the power cord out of the box and lost it. :roll:

I bought a wireless setup and when I got home it was missing the belt pack transmitter. Went back the next day and under the watchful eye of the store manager the salesman produced an unmarked white cardboard box from under the counter that he had somehow forgotten to give me the day before. :evil:

Etc.

Nowadays if I buy anything that costs more then $5 there, I always ask for the dept. manager or store manager to ring up the sale. :?

Cenydd Ros

Post by Cenydd Ros » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:55 am

So...

Moog has ignored my emails. Not surprised there - emails get no respect. At any company, I think emails are answered by chimps.

So...

I called them Friday at 8:00 am (my time) in the morning. They told me the guy I needed to talk to (Tom, i.e. Tom the Magnificent) was on the phone and would get back to me.

They called me back at 4:50 p.m. their time. I was driving, so I missed the call.
This was on a Friday.

So...

I guess Monday I will call them back.

I want to know if my Voyager was shipped from the factory in the last two weeks like Guitar Center claims. I want to make sure it is new and from the factory. How F---ing hard is it to verify when a synth left the factory? The serial number should be in the computer! Plus, even if I don't need it, even if I have an instructional DVD (which I do) - I still want a hard copy of my frigging manual! And I WANT MY STICKER! (for my toolbox)
Like you

Ledbetter

Post by Ledbetter » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:21 am

For the price, you deserve to know. Hope it works out well.
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

enossified

Post by enossified » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:25 pm

I've also had emails to Moog not being returned. Now I just call them up, saves a lot of time.

Cenydd Ros

Post by Cenydd Ros » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:22 pm

The good news is - I found out my Voyager is spanking new and just off the assembly floor.
They have said they will send me my absent manual.

Alas, no word on the sticker.
Like you

Ledbetter

Post by Ledbetter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:14 am

I was wrong about the sticker. It was a card reminding to register for warranty. Glad it worked out.