@RL: Could an OS upgrade make the Voyager paraphonic?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
thealien666

Re: @RL: Could an OS upgrade make the Voyager paraphonic?

Post by thealien666 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:18 pm

Relax Dan, I was only kidding... (hence the laughing and wink emoticons at the end)

Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:21 pm

thealien666 wrote:Relax Dan, I was only kidding...
I promise that was a completely relaxed and happy reply.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Back to topic, I have been able to do some nice duophonies with most Moogs by setting their key priority to Low Note, and feeding another synth through the audio input...
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:52 pm

And I certainly will not hold back my praise for something just because we don't carry it (rhymes with Try Mon, sigh...)
Yeah, why not?!? Two good companies could really do each other a favor...

dsetto

Post by dsetto » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:50 am

bichuelo wrote:Back to topic, I have been able to do some nice duophonies with most Moogs by setting their key priority to Low Note, and feeding another synth through the audio input...
Can you expand on this? I assume if you set the Moog to Low Note Priority, you set the midi'd external monophonic synth to High Note Priority?

dsetto

Post by dsetto » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:53 am

_DemonDan_ wrote: I'm on the Moog Forum simply because of my love for their gear and respect for the diverse forum members. I've been playing with Moogs since 1977, and have met with Dr. Moog twice, and it's a source of pride that, all these decades later, I'm actually able to help and participate with the process.
I'm glad you're here. This forum is quiet. I'm late to the party.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:25 am

dsetto wrote:
bichuelo wrote:Back to topic, I have been able to do some nice duophonies with most Moogs by setting their key priority to Low Note, and feeding another synth through the audio input...
Can you expand on this? I assume if you set the Moog to Low Note Priority, you set the midi'd external monophonic synth to High Note Priority?
Yes, usually modern/soft synths are automatically set to high note priority when polyphony is one. You can also stack several of them, and/or send one signal to an MF102's audio in and another one to its carrier, before sending it to the Moog. In this way you are able to play a big mono synth while you press only one key and go into duo mode whenever two keys are pressed simultaneously.

Results are awesome!
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

astricii

Post by astricii » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:11 pm

There's no Physical Paraphonic capability but this iPad app seems to enable it via CC control of Osc 2 and 3 pitch.

Overall demo
https://youtu.be/Wk8GCFwTdhI
Demo of moog using the paraphonic setting
https://youtu.be/ktR80bSWpEI

midilifestyle

Post by midilifestyle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:45 pm

has anyone tried the ios app yet? I won't be near my Voy for a while and I'm anxious to know if it works. the youtube vid sounds off key to me...

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:42 pm

midilifestyle wrote:has anyone tried the ios app yet? I won't be near my Voy for a while and I'm anxious to know if it works. the youtube vid sounds off key to me...
I just tried Patch Morpher this week, works great. I thought the vid sounded off key as well but using it myself it sounded just perfect.
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

midilifestyle

Post by midilifestyle » Sun May 03, 2015 4:11 am

But to be more specific, sorry: the paraphonic capabilities in patch morpher work on the voyager? Holy lord of that's true, I'm gonna be one very excited guy when I finally get back to my Voyager in the U.S...

Now just to add a beatstep pro and a couple more distortion pedals for the effects loop, and I don't have any justifiable reason to buy a sub 37. Note I say *justifiable*, haha