Planning on getting Rack MMV....Need advise

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Dannymon

Planning on getting Rack MMV....Need advise

Post by Dannymon » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:51 pm

Hello guys, I am planning on getting an RME Voyager because of the price compared to the Performer edition. The only thing that's making me want to get the Performer edition is all the input CV sockets, given that I own 4 Moogerfoogers and I would like to exploit all the potential options.

Do you guys know if a CV input device ala VX-351 is ever going to be released for the Rack Edtion???.

I know they have the input port built into the RME, but I just havent heard any announcements from Moog regarding such device.

Best regards, Daniel Trejo.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:04 pm

Moog had initially stated that a VX-351 was going to be made, but I haven't heard anything about it since the RME was first announced. Why don't you email Moog and ask them directly.

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:08 pm

As far as I know, the VX-352 is going to be the CV inbox for the RME. I don't know when they plan to release it. Maybe calling Moog will help. I'm sure they plan on releasing it soon becuase of the fact that people that want an RME may not buy if the VX-352 is not available.

I would say to go with the Performer since you have MFs already. Do you have a CP-251 for them? I know it's more expensive, but it may be worth the wait to save the extra money. Or, you may be able to get a mint used Performer on Ebay.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:27 pm

I agree. If your already planning on dropping $2000, why not save up a few hundred more for the Performer. You say you want to get a VX-352 if it comes out, that will be another $200-250. You'll end up paying around $2250 for an RME + VX-352 anyway.

pelican1

Post by pelican1 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:44 pm

you can pick up a new RME for 1600 if you look around

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:09 am

does anyone have the RME
i can imagine that i'd get one but it's very possible that 'd pay the extra for thee kbd version (if i'd managed to save up that much i'd want the best thing)
if and when they release the inputt expander will make the RME seem a lot cooler
it would make the RME better suited for modular purposes as you can see all the jacks and it would be easier to reach them.

in fact come to think of it i'd get the RME, i already have DX 7 which has quite a nice KBD, but then the performer would be easier to transport than the RME plus a DX 7
AH it doesn't matter anyway because i'm poor :cry: come on moog release a "more affordable" synth.

thebedroom

Post by thebedroom » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:19 pm

Nova Musik has a used RME for 1499.00 right now, pretty good deal.

pelican1

Post by pelican1 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:22 am

my friend will give you a great deal on a RME- he is an authorized moog dealer. email [email protected] and tell him I referred you. My email is in my profile.

tunedLow

Post by tunedLow » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:24 pm

That must be Shawn, and he is a good guy. Buy from Analog Haven, I've been very happy with them, good customer support, and really fast shipping. No, I don't work for them :)

pelican1

Post by pelican1 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:24 am

yeah, nice guys...best when a store is owned and run by syth users/collector's. They actually know what they're talking about.

monads

Post by monads » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:54 pm

Shawn is excellent and a really cool guy. I recommend anyone near the area in Pomona CA. to check out the store. It's rare when you can find such a good store with analgoue/digital equipment and play before you buy (plus a staff that's cool)! Just leave your CC at home or you might go broke :wink: Well, buy something to support your local music store. I wonder if he'll ever stock a Buchla 200e?

thebedroom

Post by thebedroom » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:05 pm

Another recommendation for AH, I just mentioned Nova to save money, but Shawn and Co. are my favorite people to deal with hands down, no hassles and satisfaction guarenteed plus as mentioned they really know their bleep and make solid recommendations.

countlove

Post by countlove » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:10 pm

AH is a wet dream come true for anyone into synths. If you visit Southern California, f uck Disney Land.. Go to AH instead. Force your children to learn Subtractive synthesis.

They upgraded my moog Voyager to V3, and they spent a huge amount of time showing me other great goodies that they have. The best music store I have ever been to. I am lucky to live within an hour of this place.

They Rock hard, and are passionate about synths to the max. I highly recomend the shop. They even have live shows once a month.

There is a beautiful CS-80 on display. And you could spend hours f ucking up Shawns doepfer patches.

They have a online store as well. You can purchase tons of gear. I wish I knew about them before I dropped cash at West La Music.

And no, I don't work for these guys, but I wish I did!

Count

monads

Post by monads » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:20 pm

I love the store! I live in Chino Hills so I'm like 15min away. Didn't know they were offering the V3 upgrade. I'm gonna check with them.

countlove

Post by countlove » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:48 pm

monads wrote:I love the store! I live in Chino Hills so I'm like 15min away. Didn't know they were offering the V3 upgrade. I'm gonna check with them.
Yeah totally, they can do it there in like 20 mins or less. If they go over 20 mins you get a free pizza.

Loren did the upgrade and it was flawless.. I felt like I was in a hospital seeing my baby being opened up, and having this massive ram board replaced. Make sure you leave your old board with AH. They send it back to moog, and it helps them pay the bills.

Count