Is the moogerfooger 104z worth all that cash?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Chest Rockwell

Is the moogerfooger 104z worth all that cash?

Post by Chest Rockwell » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:29 am

What's going down people? Lookey here, I love analog delay with my Moog Voyager but can't stand digital delay. I used to use a line6 echo park pedal which to me had good analog emulations but I no longer have it. I'm really tempted to get the 104z but I live in the UK and the only Moog dealer I know of wants 390 pounds for it! How can I justify to myself spending that much when I could got the echo park for about 85 pounds? Help, I need somebody, HELP...

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:32 am

If you you think this is to expensive, then try to find another still working bucket-brigade delay. They will most like be without a warranty or CV modulation inputs.
I bought an Ibanez DM2000 when it hit the stores for more then the equalent of the Moog Delay's price tag now. And if you taking inflation in account, Moog Music's new delay build the analog way becomes a bargin.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

zaque

Post by zaque » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:59 pm

if it's worth it to you buy it. if it's not then don't. it's about as simple as that. there are so many posts about moog prices around here but the reality is that at the end of the day you're either gonna buy the product because you a) can afford it and b) really want it. if either a or b aren't present then you won't aquire said moog product and no amount of talking on forums "debating" pricing is really going to change that.
#!/zach

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:13 am

I picked up a 104SD, #006.

It's more lo-fi than I had anticipated.

But my reference is an MPX-1 and an original SDE-1000 digital delay. The lexi is crystal clean (if you want it to be) and the Roland is a Roland. 20 years old and still ticking!

I'm glad to have it. The CV aspects of it are extremely cool.

But I'm gonna get a Fulltone Tube Tape delay next rather than a second 104. I just wish they offered some real-time control on the TTE. Maybe something like an OCD would bring back a little more sparkle, I don't know.

I'd really like to see an analog MoogerFooger Flanger/Chorus with voltage-controllable Mix, Time, and Mod depth and rate controls. I think Moog could make the fattest chorus ever that would be tweakable like no other.

But maybe a little more hi-fi than the 104, okay? :wink:

solar

Post by solar » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:45 am

On the topic of delays I use a EH Memory Man with my Voyager and it sounds great both in the loop and strapped on the mono output. It's got chorus/vibrato as well.

falseface11

Post by falseface11 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:43 pm

considering the actual fair market value is approx. 612 pounds and rising you should jump on it, it is a great delay. in fact, it is probably already gone!! :D :) :? :o :shock: :( :cry: :roll:

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:30 pm

I tried one of those Echo Parks and did not find it suitable for my needs. I think you get what you pay for in analogue gear. Also, Moog doesn't have these pedals made in China with cheap child labor. Look at the prices for all analogue delays. They're all high, because they are expensive to make. Now, if those slave labor digital delays suit your fancy, then get one.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

kb

Post by kb » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:30 pm

MarkM wrote: cheap child labor / slave labor
^ More reasons to stick with captain analog. Analog = labor of LOVE

Haven't you ever noticed the love sprinkles on the circuit-boards?

pelican1

Post by pelican1 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:34 pm

as a guitarist I don't place any stock in line6 products at all....any of them

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:53 pm

Where do you think all the ICs and resistors and other components inside your American-Made Voyager and Moogerfoogers come from? They certainly weren't made here! Yes, Moog products are assembled in the US, but the components (like all other electronics) were manufactured in China or Japan or somewhere.