Need help with Software Version 1.0

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Razashah5

Need help with Software Version 1.0

Post by Razashah5 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:02 pm

Hi there,

I have version 1.0 of the software on my Voyager and was wondering if someone can help me establish how to restore the factory presets as I seem to have deleted a couple of them by accident!!
There doesn't seem to be an option in the Master menu of restoring factory presets!

Thanks,
Raza

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:26 pm

Not sure if it's on Vers. 1 (why not upgrade?) but on page 42 of the manual it states that under Master Mode>Copyright/Factory Setup (menu 4.4) there is the factory presets default menu. That should get you back to the Performer's factory presets.
I know it was on OS ver. 2.5. I believe if you upgrade you need to go in order and follow the directions. It's pretty easy if you have access to a computer with midi and software like Midi OX
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:05 am

Or you could simply download the factory presets, available here:

http://moogmusic.com/detail.php?product ... duct_id=40

Two versions of the factory presets are offered: System exclusive (.syx) or MIDI (.mid)

For System Exclusive, use a software tool such MIDI OX (PC) or SysEx Librarian (Mac) to upload the presets to your Voyager.

For MIDI, just use your MIDI sequencer.

- Greg

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:38 am

Raza,

I would upgrade to 2.5 asap.
You get more features.
And it is a free update.
Just besure to read the manuals before.
Upgrade to 1.5 first.
Then to 2.1 (I think)
do the instructions given there !
And then load in the newest version.
If done right, You will get plenbty added features.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

Razashah5

Thanks for your help but..........

Post by Razashah5 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:51 pm

I need to warn you guys, I am a complete novice in the world of music and am not sure how to actually upgrade my Voyager software to V1.5 (I will then progressively upgrade to the later versions after this).

I have a Unitor 8 midi interface which connects my Voyager to my PC and I assume I must need to save this v1.5 software into the Unitor folder!?? maybe??? and then somehow the Voyager will be able to upload the software through this!!??

Can someone please advise on how to upgrade?

Many thanks,
Raza

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:25 pm

OK,
first step:
learn to use a midi or sysex program

Unitor is "only" a midi interface. This is as useless as a printer without a software to do something that wil be printed.

If you such an novice,
you should read a book about the midi and computers first.
Or find a friend being able to teach it to you.
It is not easy to do a step by step manual with all the different computer syste,s and software used by the Moog users here.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

Razashah5

Post by Razashah5 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:07 pm

Well thank you for that. I just wanted to know if anyone had quick and easy steps to resolve my issues, but obviously it's not that simple. I'll download some of the software mentioned previously and i hope it has easy to use instructions on how to interact with the Moog.