Okay...... It's 10/01.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
monads

Post by monads » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:19 pm

I know. It's not like they didn't know the release wasn't coming up, an updated editor should be available as a simultaneous release when the bank/upgrade started shipping.

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:22 pm

GregAE wrote: Huh? I thought you wanted to buy the field upgrade as mentioned in your original post.

If you move quickly, you could probably receive the upgrade within a week. You save money (over the factory install), you don't have to ship your Vger anywhere, and you get the 'latest and greatest' OS and additional capabilities. Isn't that what you want?

I called Moog this morning. I was told that no 3.0 boards have been shipped to any individual owners, only to authorized dealers.

12/01/05 was the availability date I was given to purchase the DIY upgrade.

Reason given is a backlog from supplier.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:42 am

A few members here reported ordering boards earlier this week, so presumably Moog is shipping at least a few to individual owners.

Concerning the backlog, I guess anything is possible. The supplier could've been affected by the recent hurricanes, didn't get the parts they needed, experienced quality issues - could be a lot of things. Since the version 3.0 boards go into production Voyagers, any shortfall in supply would affect the availability of DIY kits first.

Not good news, but understandable.

Private note to my wife: A v3.0 upgrade kit would make a very nice Christmas present!

;-)

Greg

monads

Post by monads » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:15 pm

Don't you need the new OS software to use the new V3.0 boards for DIY option? How does this work if some users ordered boards but the software isn't posted, shipped along with the DIY kit? I'm confused now....

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:29 pm

monads wrote:Don't you need the new OS software to use the new V3.0 boards for DIY option? How does this work if some users ordered boards but the software isn't posted, shipped along with the DIY kit? I'm confused now....
OS3 is pre-installed on the upgrade board, along with six banks of factory patches.

According to another post here, version 3 won't work in a non-upgraded Voyager. If true, this means the firmware upgrade path for non-modified Voyagers ends at OS2.5.

:-(

Greg

spade490

Hey

Post by spade490 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:09 pm

I just wanna be the first one on my block, ya know?
Oh, that's so nice!
[url=http://www.free-gambling-game.pier-17.com]Free Gambling Game
[/url] [url=http://draw-online-poker-professional.g-c-e.com]draw online poker professional
[/url]

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:39 pm

The above is another spammer. He's also had a worthless comment on the Piano Bar forum.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:52 pm

This board needs to switch to some other type of new member format. Like one that you have to respond to an email sent to you after signing up. Maybe this would help cut down on spam? Hello, Moderators!

SoundTower_Help_Desk

Post by SoundTower_Help_Desk » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:20 pm

monads wrote:Does anyone know how and or if the editor will work with the upgrade? I guess I wont be able to switch banks with the editor.
Hi

Yes the editor will work with the upgrade and will allow switching.

Derek

SoundTower Help Desk

[email protected]
SoundTower Help Desk

[email protected]

http://www.soundtower.com

SoundTower_Help_Desk

Post by SoundTower_Help_Desk » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:26 pm

sir_dss wrote:It's time for a editor upgrade for sure.

I wish the Soundtower people would put some time into listening to Voyager owners and make things a bit more easy to use.
Hi

Upgrade coming with full implement all presets.

The implementation of the Help Desk was decided on just for the purpose of having an active ear for Voyager owners. If we have missed a few of our customer's comments over time - my apologies - we hope that this help remedy this oversight.

all the best
SoundTower Help Desk

[email protected]

http://www.soundtower.com

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:34 pm

Awesome

corkyburger

Post by corkyburger » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:35 am

sir_dss wrote:
I wish the Soundtower people would put some time into listening to Voyager owners and make things a bit more easy to use.
Just like they did with Evolver owners!

till

Post by till » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:16 am

GregAE wrote:...
According to another post here, version 3 won't work in a non-upgraded Voyager. If true, this means the firmware upgrade path for non-modified Voyagers ends at OS2.5.
Greg, this is plain nonsense !
I got a non upgraded Voyager here running an 3.0 beta since 5 month and 3.1 version (since it was released by Rudi) for more then 4 months.

read my lips:
OS 3.0 and 3.1 do run fine on non upgraded Voyagers !

But to use the 7 bank of patch memory, you will need the new hardware version that is refered to as "3.0 update" here sometimes. Please don't mix the hardware upgrade with the OS upgrade. Actually, the hardware update better should have been named: "Patch Memory Extention (to be used with OS 3.0 or newer)"
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:16 am

till wrote:
GregAE wrote:...
Greg, this is plain nonsense !
I got a non upgraded Voyager here running an 3.0 beta since 5 month and 3.1 version (since it was released by Rudi) for more then 4 months.

read my lips:
OS 3.0 and 3.1 do run fine on non upgraded Voyagers !

But to use the 7 bank of patch memory, you will need the new hardware version that is refered to as "3.0 update" here sometimes. Please don't mix the hardware upgrade with the OS upgrade. Actually, the hardware update better should have been named: "Patch Memory Extention (to be used with OS 3.0 or newer)"
Til -

That message was posted nearly two months ago, before any of us had good info regarding 3.X. We now know that 3.X runs on stock Voyagers, so comments about old postings such as these is moot.

Sounds as if you must have an NDC with Rudi. True?

Greg

till

Post by till » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:32 am

Sorry, Greg,

but I didn't noticed the date of your posting.
I just noticed this thread came to the section of latest posting.
Sounds as if you must have an NDC with Rudi. True?
I think you know the answer by my other posting at this thread and the postings here at the forum during the days when the new OS was only available at Rudi's page.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16