My new AE-Signed `Switched ON!"

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Gary Smith

My new AE-Signed `Switched ON!"

Post by Gary Smith » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:54 am

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to let you know, that I fired up the new Voyager AE for the FIRST TIME today and it was LOVE at first sound !!! Its all about the sound, the quailty of the construction, the feel of the controls, knobs, and attention to details etc... I have NEVER owned a synthesizer quite like this!, and I am SO glad I finally purchased one (and a special model at that!)

By the way, did anyone ever notice the `SWEET' kind of smell coming from the inside packing box when they first opened it? Its in the Voyager also AND in the owners manual which was in the sealed bag ! It soon filled my home theatre where I have it set up !

Ok, thats all for now.

One VERY happy Moog owner,
Gary :)

MC

Post by MC » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:29 pm

It's that "new synth" smell, comes with every new Voyager on the lot :wink:

Indeed

Post by Indeed » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:05 am

It IS a very very special musical instrument indeed!

I've never owned anything like it before, of such a high caliber.

I suppose its akin to owning a high-end shakuhachi, or violin or saxophone...

Same for me, love @ first hear, although my first was samples off the website.

But from that moment on, I was sold. Never regretted it.

Enjoy!
:idea:
MPC3000, MF-101, 102, 103, 104Z, 105M, 108m, 107, CP-251, MINI MODEL D, OB-8, ALESIS A6, ARP ODYSSEY MK1, RHODES MK1

boose44

Post by boose44 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:05 am

Gary Smith wrote: By the way, did anyone ever notice the `SWEET' kind of smell coming from the inside packing box when they first opened it? Its in the Voyager also AND in the owners manual which was in the sealed bag ! It soon filled my home theatre where I have it set up !
I noticed that also with my AE (unsigned #645), though it took me a couple of days to realize that it was coming from the Voyager. lol. Not an unpleasant odor, but as MC said, it must be that new Moog smell.

-bruce

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:31 am

<< I have NEVER owned a synthesizer quite like this!, and I am SO glad I finally purchased one (and a special model at that!) >>

I liken it to owning a Porsche. It may not be your 'daily driver', but you take great satisfaction knowing it's always there in your driveway!

Congrats!

punkdisco

Post by punkdisco » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:03 am

"I liken it to owning a Porsche"

Errm, have to disagree with this one. Porsche's are a cliché, usually purchased by people with a) zero style b) zero true car knowledge, and c) zero style (worth repeating..).

Im not saying they are not great cars, they are! They are a great car only let down by the people that own them. :-)

If I had to associate my Voyager with a car manufacture, it would definitely be Lotus - a true enthusiast's car..
Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk : Getting Married? Need a [url=http://www.punkdisco.co.uk/Weddings.htm]reception band[/url]? New [url=http://www.punkdisco.co.uk/Music/DVDA.mp3]DVDA Track[/url]

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:37 am

Okay, I retract my previous comment. In its place I submit:

I liken it to owning a ______ (fill in the name of your dream car here).

Picky, picky!

Congrats again, Gary!

Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:58 am

Thanks EVERYONE for writing back and for the congrats :D I have had TWO good friends over to see and hear it yesterday. One is a music enthusiast who is taking lessons on a Hammond A-100 and Technic's keyboard. The other is a long time organist and chorale director at a local church (20 years there). They were very impressed with the Voyager, LOVED the musical sounds that came from it AND the quality and feel of the controls.

Not to mention, the blue back lighting !!

I put the `mini' lite on, which I borrowed from my Korg DSS-1 and lights up the front panel nicely, since I am running the blue lighting at the suggested 30% .

As a temporary setup, the Voyager is on a stand in my dedicated home theatre (an isolated room) which is 6.1 with a TWO stage subwoofer system which has been tested down to 14Hz. I added an Alesis reverb that sets up a nice stereo sound field.

WOW !!! - is all I can say, the Mini is MORE then a match for the system should I want to push the LOW frequencies, but yet can be so sweet and quiet too...

It was interesting to find those INITIALS in the display indicating who did the programing/patches :)

Again, I appreciate everyone for adding there thoughts to the subjects I startup on the forum.

Have a nice week.

Regards,
Gary