Bizzarre touchpad problem

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
ebstudio

Bizzarre touchpad problem

Post by ebstudio » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:25 pm

When I put my fingers on the touchpad surface I always hear horrible garbage, like a permanent distorsion on every patch. The strange thing is that if other people touch it, I hear no rumble at all, only the normal behavior of sliding or pressing on it! Anyone has a clue? Am I electric? Maybe I should call an exorcist?

Thanks

Stefano

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:04 pm

I am not sure if you or your Voyager needs a fixing :wink:
This sounds strange to me.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

ebstudio

Post by ebstudio » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:34 pm

Qwave wrote:I am not sure if you or your Voyager needs a fixing.
Yes. The only difference is that Voyager is only four days old while I'm out of warranty from long time...

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:13 pm

Could it just be the position of your amp/speakers/whatever you use to hear the synth? Maybe it sounds right when someone else is in the position where the keyboard is and you're listening off to the side of them?

If it actually is your body in some way: yes, that can happen. Some people can't wear a watch because of it. I've found it can really go haywire under deep emotional upset. That isn't so surprising. We know that the electrical potential of the skin changes with stress, which is how a lie-detector works. But it can happen in much bigger ways. I managed to knock out my car's electrics once when I'd had a very upsetting break-up with someone. People may mock at that, but it definitely was me. I tried everything to fix the problem with no success until I'd restored my emotional balance. Then the problem resolved like magic. I also killed two floppy drives on different computers at that time. I must have been deadly. :D