Voyager CV Modulation...

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
kk

Voyager CV Modulation...

Post by kk » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:12 am

Dear Voyagers,

I need your advice . I am confused on what modules to get from analogue systems http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/rssystems.htm that will serve as a modular system and also to modulate my Voyager. Tho' I have an idea but I really need to be specific so as not to waste money.

I was able to download this programme which enables you build/customize your own modular system http://algoart.com/synthlayout.htm

...but apart from that will, I still need some tips from you guyz...

An Aside: Does it make sense if I invest into the Moogerfoogers to use with the analogue systems I am trying to customize.

Hoping to read from you guyz soon...

Regards,
'kk' :cry: :cry:

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:51 pm

kk,

Making a modular rig depends a lot on what you want to do and what you can afford. I've been looking into all kinds of modules to add to my rig and it takes a lot of time to figure out where to go. I'm sure that the more experienced users on the site can answer more specific questions about a modular set up.

As far as the MoogerFoogers, they are definitely worth getting. If you get or already have a CP-251, you can correct for the voltages of different manufacturer's products and use them with the Voyager.

kk

Post by kk » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:15 pm

what module is the CP-251?

I hope I get help quick...thanks alot

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:48 pm

kk,

You can find detailed information and online manuals on the Moog website. Here's Moog's description for the CP-251:
The CP-251 Control Processor can be used in connection with one or more moogerfooger analog effects modules, the minimoog Voyager, or other voltage-controlled gear. The CP-251 adds the same kind of power and versatility of the classic MOOG modular synthesizers.

There are two kinds of signals in a modular analog synthesizer: audio and control. As audio signals go through a system of synthesizer modules, they get shaped into the sounds that you hear. Control signals, on the other hand, correspond to the variations in the sound that are imparted by the synthesizer modules, like invisible hands that turn the knobs of the modules.

The CP-251 provides a dual waveform LFO, Noise Generator, Sample-and-Hold circuit, as well as two attenuators, a lag processor, a CV mixer and a 4-way mult. This gives you ways to modify, mix, and distribute control voltages to product the incredible variety of sounds and effects that analog synthesizers are famous for.

Power supply is included: order 110v for use in US or Canada or 220v for use in Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia.

kk

Post by kk » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:19 pm

O! I never knew the moog control processor was called the CP-251...mmmph!!! thanks tho'.

I still need help on how to build my modular system. Well, if I dont get help, I guess I'll contact Analogue Systems for help.

Regards,
'kk'