Voyager Librarian Software (MAC) will not receive data!!!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
joam

Voyager Librarian Software (MAC) will not receive data!!!

Post by joam » Sat May 28, 2005 6:01 pm

Hi I am using the Demo Version of the Moog Voyager Librarian Software for mac osx 10.3.8, I wanna test it before I buy it.

I cannot get my voyager to send its bank data to the librarian software. I have tried using a MOTU 828mkII and M-AUDIO midisport 2x2 Midi interfaces.

I have tested both interfaces in the midi utilities -> Midi page of OSX 10.3.8.

I am aware that alot of features are stripped from the demo version but you should be able to at least receive the data from the voyager.

I have checked the settings on the master page of the hardware voyager and - yes, my midi IN/OUT channels are set to 1 and are both the same. Yes, I have midi in/out sysex data to YES TRANSMIT!

On the librarian software I have selected the appropriate midi interface and its working midi channel.

I really am stumped on this !!!! can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun May 29, 2005 2:50 pm

Joam,

You are correct that the Librarian Demo should be able to receive a preset bank from your Voyager (transmit, however, is disabled in the demo). Let's check a few things first:

1. You didn't state this in your post: Have you verified that your MIDI interface works correctly with any other software (a MIDI sequencer for example, to demonstrate that you've got bi-directional MIDI communication)?
2. The Voyager Librarian software should be v1.07 (current).
3. The Voyager firmware should be V2.5 - this is key!
4. With your version of OSX (10.3.X), you should select the CoreAudio option in the Librarian's MIDI Setup window. (you could try Bundle to see if it makes any difference - no harm will be done)
5. Does anything happen when you choose MIDI->Receive Panel Sound in the Librarian?