How do I get back original preset banks?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
shiftdelete

electric blue presets

Post by shiftdelete » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:04 pm

I just got my electric blue yesterday. I would like to help everyone out that has been requesting a downloadable version of the EB presets. If anyone can tell me a quick step by step, I'll try to do it tonight or tomorrow. I have a sound blaster audigy platinum card with midi. I have midi-ox installed. Thanks,

Shiftdelete

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:13 pm

Set MidiOX to receive SysEx data, by going to View>SysEx, then go to SysEX>Receive Manual Dump. Select "send all presets" from the Voyager's Master menu. Save the file.

thebedroom

Post by thebedroom » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:53 pm

shift,

you kick ass. I have been wanting to hear what they cooked up for the new 256 presets (electric & rme) with you, we're halfway there. Let us know where we can download them, and most of all thanks.

mark

shiftdelete

Post by shiftdelete » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:16 am

Ok, this is my first time using MIDI, so I may be a little slow. I have a midi cable plugged into the Voyager MIDI Out port. This port has been turned "On" in the master menu, and I have set it to Channel 1.

The midi cable is plugged into an adapter that converts standard midi into mini 5 pin midi on Sound Blaster Audigy cards. I have the midi cable and adapter going into the Audigy "Midi In" port.

Now, in Midi-ox, i have pretty much the default options. I've made sure Pass Sysex is on, and went to Sysex, and chose "receive manual dump". It looks ready to recieve, and I go to the voyager, and tell it to send all presets, however, no data is ever transferred.

I think the midi-ox software needs to be configured more possibly? I tried to check midi devices and input / output devices, but it's very confusing. Any ideas? thanks in advance,

-Shiftdelete

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:29 am

Firstly the midi cable will have two jacks on it. You'll have to connect the midi out on the Voyager to the midi in cable.

In MidiOX make sure the midi device is configured, usually selecting (whatever the make of the card is) UART for both the input and output.

I can't remember exactly what I did to get it to work.

shiftdelete

Post by shiftdelete » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:41 pm

Yeah mine shows up with a bunch of sound blaster stuff. And it does have midi port 1 and midi port 2. I've tried various configurations with those in the midi device menu, but nothing really seems to transmit. I don't want try to send anything TO the voyager, with the risk of losing the presets. If anyone has any ideas that owns an Audigy card and uses midiox please let me know! thanks.

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:03 pm

I wouldn't know because I have a SB Live sound card!

Have you got MSN Messenger? I'd like to see a screenshot of your settings screen.

shiftdelete

Post by shiftdelete » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:23 pm

Boeing I added you to my MSN list. Anyways, here are 2 screenshots from my Midiox:

If anyone can help me figure out if any of this is setup incorrectly, or anything else I need to enable, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

shiftdelete