Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

RME & XL

Tips and techniques for the Voyager

RME & XL

Postby scd » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi,

As of today, I am the proud owner of a Moog Voyager RME. 8)
It will be completed next week with a Moog Voyager XL. 8) 8)

Let the shaking of the windows begin!
scd

Re: RME & XL

Postby stiiiiiiive » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Congrats mate :)
stiiiiiiive

Postby hooshirn » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Still waiting on my XL back ordered until the 28th

Thought about getting a RME for the extra voice but Instead went with 4 Moog Foogers and the Minitaur

I would like to hear about how that RME system work's out my bank is blown for quite a while now. I think I'll finish off a complete set of Foogers before I consider and RME as they are load's of highly recommended fun.

here's my first annoying effort with the Foogers, some Samplewiz/ Minituar/ midi Murf ,with just a tiny bit of monotribe through a Mf102 Ringmod

twisting lot's of knob's

http://soundcloud.com/dashboard
Voyager XL, Minitaur,Theremen+, Fooger's, Midi delay and Midi murf, Freq box X 2, Ring mod, 101 Filter, Novation ultra station, ZR 76, MC808, Bent Casio's, 3 Speak and Spell's , M audio black box,Korg Monotribe, Ipad's with Animoog, Filtron on and on..
hooshirn

Postby till » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 am

Welcome here, SCD!

scd wrote:As of today, I am the proud owner of a Moog Voyager RME. 8)
It will be completed next week with a Moog Voyager XL. 8) 8)

Congratulation!
So you got two Voyagers in a few days? What a way to start into the world of Moog Music.
I am sure you will record some new tracks in a few weeks.

Let the shaking of the windows begin!

A Taurus III or a Minitaur are recommended for even more shaking. But you need a good low end on your speakers. I am using a 18" subwoofer for this.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence: Prodigy * Minimoog * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty
till

Postby stiiiiiiive » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:06 am

hooshirn wrote:Still waiting on my XL back ordered until the 28th

Thought about getting a RME for the extra voice but Instead went with 4 Moog Foogers and the Minitaur

I would like to hear about how that RME system work's out my bank is blown for quite a while now. I think I'll finish off a complete set of Foogers before I consider and RME as they are load's of highly recommended fun.

here's my first annoying effort with the Foogers, some Samplewiz/ Minituar/ midi Murf ,with just a tiny bit of monotribe through a Mf102 Ringmod

twisting lot's of knob's

http://soundcloud.com/dashboard

Bad link, sir!
stiiiiiiive

Postby scd » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 am

Even the smell of a new analog synthesizer is enjoyable. Here is a pic.
I woke up this morning at 06.00 (normally 07.30), and was sitting behind the XL at 06.10 hours with coffee :lol:
What a beautiful looking and sounding beast...
http://www.synthmusic.info/images/foto.jpg
scd

Postby hooshirn » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 am

Voyager XL, Minitaur,Theremen+, Fooger's, Midi delay and Midi murf, Freq box X 2, Ring mod, 101 Filter, Novation ultra station, ZR 76, MC808, Bent Casio's, 3 Speak and Spell's , M audio black box,Korg Monotribe, Ipad's with Animoog, Filtron on and on..
hooshirn

Postby stiiiiiiive » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:36 am

Wow, this sounds very cool!!
stiiiiiiive

Postby MC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:15 pm

till wrote:A Taurus III or a Minitaur are recommended for even more shaking. But you need a good low end on your speakers. I am using a 18" subwoofer for this.

My PA in my basement has two 18" subs per side, four total.

Dangerous combination with the T3 - enough subsonics to trigger your own San Andreas fault and re-arrange your internal organs.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi
MC

Return to Voyager Forum