New Voyager Rack.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
northern hope

New Voyager Rack.

Post by northern hope » Tue May 24, 2005 8:40 pm

Does anybody have one of these yet? I'm considering trading in my AE Walnut Voyager for one since I don't play the keyboard (I primarily use an analog sequencer for all my recordings) too terribly much. What I love about the rack version is that they kept that touchpad off of it, which is the one thing I really don't care for on the keyboard version.

Anyone out there love their new VR?

chunkcronin

Post by chunkcronin » Wed May 25, 2005 9:42 am

I have a VRE and I love it. It does not have a touch screan and the only thing that I did not know before I bought it and do not like is that there are no CV inputs right now. There is a connection, but you will have to wait until they come out with the VX-352. I like to patch stuff. Other than that it is great. When the 352 comes out it will be complete bliss. I bought it for a lot of the same reasons you listed and I am very happy with it.

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Wed May 25, 2005 4:34 pm

northern hope,

It may be a better decision to keep the AE instead of trading it for the RME. My reasoning is that you have a rare keyboard and the RME is not a collector's edition. Since you don't use the keyboard often, it will remain in excellent shape so that years down the road it will be a worthwhile investment. Unless space is an issue or some other big factor, it would make better investment sense to keep the AE. Just my opinion.

northern hope

Post by northern hope » Wed May 25, 2005 5:54 pm

I totally agree. I think the VRE would be amazing as an addition to my AE.