Anniversary Voyager - backlight not working

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
punkdisco

Anniversary Voyager - backlight not working

Post by punkdisco » Mon May 23, 2005 4:47 am

I have the opportunity to get a 'B stock new' Anniversary Moog Voyager for a good price and in 100% condition however, the blue panel back light is not working (okay, that’s not 100%..). Clearly the Anniversary edition without the backlight is not very desirable. Its well within the warranty so I could exercise this option but still interested in any likely causes.

How difficult would it be to fix this and are there any Moog service people in the UK?

Also, does the standard Anniversary addition come signed by Mr Bob? This one is signed in silver pen on the front panel.

I really want to make a quick decision on this so any suggestion would be very appreciated.

If there are any other London based sellers out there, would be interested in hearing from you (private emails).

Many thanks
Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk : Getting Married? Need a [url=http://www.punkdisco.co.uk/Weddings.htm]reception band[/url]? New [url=http://www.punkdisco.co.uk/Music/DVDA.mp3]DVDA Track[/url]

monads

Post by monads » Mon May 23, 2005 1:43 pm

I'd be interested to know why the back light is out too. Best bet would be to send it back to the dealer where purchased or contact Moog for repair. You'll have to pay shipping costs to them and they'll pay for it back to you.

Standard AE is not signed by Bob.

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Mon May 23, 2005 3:09 pm

The last few ae's were signed by bob.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

monads

Post by monads » Mon May 23, 2005 3:23 pm

goldphinga wrote:The last few ae's were signed by bob.
I didn't know this. Were they for re-sale? And how 'few' are we talking about 5, 10, or more units?