Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

Voyager PlugSE Logic Problem

Tips and techniques for the Voyager

Re: Voyager PlugSE Logic Problem

Postby PaulLawler » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:16 am

Well the promised "update" or "refund" within a "couple of days" didn't happen. Can't say I'm surprised. :|
PaulLawler

Postby PaulLawler » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:41 pm

I emailed Sound Tower again today as last Tuesday's promise for a fix in a couple of days or immediate refund was well and truly over, and I got this reply.

"Our programmer is still working on the Voyager PlugSE update. It should not be much longer but in my opinion is worth to wait to get things done right in this first update. This is quite complex area of the plugin and requires extensive testing with variety of different VST/AU hosts which is quite time consuming. Again I apologize for this inconvenience."

They told me last week this problem was exclusive to Apple and it was with the "apple guys", now it's "our programmer" and "variety of different VST/AU hosts". I wrote back and told them I am opting for the promised refund, and so far they have yet to answer.

I sense something is just not right to be honest. Any company that pleads with you to wait a couple more days before demanding your refund
feels like a company half way out of the office door and making a run for it.
PaulLawler

Postby Analog Prophet » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:30 pm

PaulLawler wrote:"I emailed Sound Tower again today as last Tuesday's promise for a fix in a couple of days or immediate refund was well and truly over, and I got this reply.

"Our programmer is still working on the Voyager PlugSE update. It should not be much longer but in my opinion is worth to wait to get things done right in this first update. This is quite complex area of the plugin and requires extensive testing with variety of different VST/AU hosts which is quite time consuming.

BS. It's not that time consuming with Beta test pilots. If the have, as they claim " hundred of thousands of users" of their products they should have a large group of people involved in development of their products, including enough with Beta test people on every platform.
------------------------------------
New ambient music album released: Hana Ka'nima
www.analogprophet.com
Analog Prophet

Postby msjlra » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Any updates on this?
msjlra

Postby PaulLawler » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 am

Yes, I had to contact Moog for a refund which they did without any problems. I haven't checked to see if Sound Tower have updated the software yet because I just moved my Voyager closer to the studio console :)
PaulLawler

Postby msjlra » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Still looks like version 1.0.0 is being sold, it's pretty awful really, why does everyone seem to do business with these people??

Even Sound Tower the website is terrible, shouts out 90s self made ''Hi my name is Sarah and these are my cats!'' website, what kind of ''professional'' company doesn't bother having a professionally made website, especially a software company!
msjlra

Postby nms » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:59 am

Yeah, I can't say it instills confidence when a software company's website looks straight out of the 90s.
These guys are some grade A level slackers for sure. Moog should cut their losses with ST and hire a more reliable developer.
The premium analog gear company shouldn't be monkeying around with a developer that has such poor customer service and trouble with producing a bug free product.
Especially with how much product moog has sold this year... it's too much to be relying on a company like this.
Voyager RME | Virus Ti2 Polar | Juno 60 | EL8X Distressor | UBK Clariphonic | Lynx Hilo | Motu 828mk2 | Focal Twin6be
nms

Postby quantize » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Why on earth are Moog selling software by this clearly incompetent company?!!

I contact ST because the SE plugin doesn't load it's own saved banks!!!! WTF?

How in the universe is that possible?? Anyhow they never replied once and of course Moog did who relayed similar stuff about an update coming shortly.

quantize
quantize

Postby quantize » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Well they slimed out version 1.1.0

and it's still as broken and incompetent as the initial release..it does not load its own received banks still..

I've had it, easily the worst software i've wasted money on ever (and that's really saying something)

I'm going for my money back...enough of this BS. Sack these idiots.

quantize
quantize

Postby w00fa » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:28 pm

I've been experiencing a different, way more basic issue, but still an annoying one altogether.

Using Logic, if I load a Software Instrument track with VoyagerPlugSE, record a midi line onto it, and then play it back with cycle turned on, so that the locators open at the beginning of the midi region and close at its end, then every time the playhead wraps back to the beginning of the midi region, it misses the first note. Now, if I copy that same midi region to an External Instrument track set to the Voyager MIDI port - it works just fine.

Has anyone experienced this? Luckily for me, I am using the DEMO version still, yet I don't think the problem relates to that.
w00fa

Postby quantize » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:35 am

If you're using the demo then i strongly suggest you never pay for it.

This is version 1.1.0 and in Mac OS neither the VST or AU are able to load their own saved banks.

This is basic functionality, clearly untested and broken since the initial release.

I've asked Moog for my money back. It's disgusting.

quantize
quantize

Postby w00fa » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:52 am

v1.1.0 actually attended my issue. I haven't dwelled deeper into more 'advanced functionality', as of yet.

I can certianly understand the ST hate running rampant in here. Nothing worse than to pay for something that doesn't function as advertised, and then having to chase your refund around.

Avid is having a similar issue with their (adopted) Euphonix line's software. It's been at v2.6.2 for over a year now, and the majority of users can't even get their products to function anymore (wih the release of the rMBP and 10.8.2). They've now officially allocated resources to overhaul a new major version.

Bottom line is; If you nag hard enough - bleep happens.

I will pray for you :)
w00fa

Previous

Return to Voyager Forum