Voyager instable life

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
santos

Voyager instable life

Post by santos » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:21 pm

Ciao,
please help me,

i have a voyager from 1 week...i upgrade the o.s from 1.5 to 2.5. but i have very orrible instable quistions..
1-all sounds have tune problems..for exaple : one time " c "it's "c" and others sound "f" is "c"..oters sound "d" is "C"...etc...
2-if i tuch the "t-pad" ..say goodbye to original sound..Lost!!!!!!!
3-i have sounds bank A,B,C,..or just 1 bank?..how i can use the others bank?
4-it's necessary a memory sounds dump before recive others sounds presets dump?

5-where is the oscillators PAN controller?
6-lfo sync work weel in midi?

thanks a lot
ciao
-s-

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:40 am

I think you have not read the whole install manual that came with the updates. Or the manual isn't included in the newer OS updates, because Moog assumes you read and did the needed steps on the 1.5 to 2.0 or 2.1 updates before. Its a mistake by Moog not to include these info in the newer version for those how skipped a few major updates. By doing the needed changes to the old sounds inside your Moog (converting them to the expanded feature list of 2.x OS) most of your "problems" will be fixed. And then do the described Pitch-bend adjusting that was introduced when the new OS 2.0 made all 256 in the display available values of the knobs. They changed something on the A/D converter process that scanned the knobs. And this also affected the pitch wheel.
Sorry, but I don't know what's the best way to make your Voyager sound OK from the 2.5 OS update as starting point. Maybe downgrade? Anyone for help?
And finally: there is only one bank of 128 sounds inside a Voyager a time. Maybe you mixed the A, B and C bank of the OS update packages named so up with sound banks?
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

santos

Post by santos » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:20 am

ciao,
no..i'm upgrade the os..from 1.5.---2.0.-2.1-2.5...

ah ok...3 banks are for the os..so i can recall the old o.s?
how?
thanks

santos

Post by santos » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:23 pm

mhmhm nothings,,,don't work...
i having vey bad experience with moog...

StefanH

Post by StefanH » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:13 am

santos wrote:mhmhm nothings,,,don't work...
i having vey bad experience with moog...

Did you went thru all the procedures moog included as TXT-File inside the *.Zips of OS 2.0 and 2.5? This is very important! I know that some parts are a bit confusing ( as well as the order of the *.syx - files you have to dump to V), but if you done everything like it's written there, it works and is stable.

If you still got problems, i would contact moog directly.

Good luck and read the Textfiles accurate...
Stefan

santos

Post by santos » Wed May 04, 2005 9:49 pm

ohu,,,,ok..i'll try ti re install the o.s. thanks
ciao