Loading patches - wrong pitch when playing back on Voyager!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
hkrabye

Loading patches - wrong pitch when playing back on Voyager!

Post by hkrabye » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:35 pm

I am using the Voyager Anniversary with OS 2.5, and I have downloaded the "older" preset banks from MoogMusic.com (like the preset_ref3A.syx and Zonsyx with the original presets for the Signature and Performer editons). When I transfer these to my Voyager Anniversary, many of the presets play back with the WRONG PITCH. Does this mean that these Voyager's are not compatible? I really like some of the orignal patches, and I took it for granted that the newer models would play back these presets fine.

What do you think?

Helge K.

MC

Post by MC » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:48 pm

There are some "initilization" steps you need to take, the older banks need some data bits lined up to work with newer OS. Check the OS 2.5 pdf.

hkrabye

Post by hkrabye » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:30 pm

MC wrote:There are some "initilization" steps you need to take, the older banks need some data bits lined up to work with newer OS. Check the OS 2.5 pdf.
I don't see any pfd document in the OS 25. folder that I downloaded. And also: when i transfer the factory Anniversary preset bank back to my Voyager, they don't play back with the correct pitch. Manu of them are playing C# instead of C. Very strange. I must have missed something.

And also - very confusing - when I do the OS 2.5 update from SoundEditor, SoundEditor wants to transfer bank A, C and B. However, the Voyager is finishing the update after receiving bank A, and the only way to continue transferring the two other sysex banks, is to go into the Master meny and select "update" again. This doesn't "feel" right. Is it?

The only document that came with the OS 2.5 update foler, is a text document with only a few lines. I know it says that the banks should be transferred in a special order, but it also says that when I am using the SoundEditor, it is OK to transfer the bankes in the order that is suggested (by the SoundEditor).

Maybe I need to reset the Voyager completely. How is that done?

Helge
Last edited by hkrabye on Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MC

Post by MC » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:21 pm

In the txt doc in the OS 2.5 zip file is this
For full instructions on Software upgrades and features, refer to the Voyager User's Manual and release notes for OS 2.1
If you download the OS 2.1 zip file, the pdf is in there.

hkrabye

Post by hkrabye » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:23 pm

MC wrote:In the txt doc in the OS 2.5 zip file is this
For full instructions on Software upgrades and features, refer to the Voyager User's Manual and release notes for OS 2.1
If you download the OS 2.1 zip file, the pdf is in there.
Thanks, I did that right now. I went through the initializing procedure, but strangely enough, many of the presets still play back with the wrong root note.

I got a very quick response from support at Moogmusic, and there is a "bug" which makes some presets play back with the wrong root note. I was told that touching/moving the pitch wheel should remove this error - and it does. Just loading a few of the presets and touching the pitch wheel made them play back with the right pitch.

Helge