Is Greg out there?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Gedya

Is Greg out there?

Post by Gedya » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:45 am

Greg, from my experience of cruising this site you seem to be the man in the know and I'm hoping flattery will get me everywhere. I have posted twice about the pitchwheel problem I am having and wonder if you might read em and give me your thoughts on what the problem might be.

many thanks
Gedya

monads

Post by monads » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:20 pm

You'd have better luck contacting them directly. Sometimes this can take a couple of days. I take it you have the latest OS installed?

Gedya

Post by Gedya » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:03 am

Yes I have the latest installed. It seems like every time I install patches through midi-ox they have the problem. I have to go through the routine described in the PDF with the OS to initialise various settings just to get them to be in tune. There is a note which says that any programs earlier than the OS update will require this initialisation process. It strikes me as ludicrous if we have to go through that process every time we install patches. You'd think Moog would update the flamin' patches wuoldn't you...or am I missing something here? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for you comments anyway.
Gedya

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:51 pm

Gedya,

load in your Voyager all sounds made before the transition to OS 2 and do the routine described in the PDF. Then save all the patches back to your computer and forget about the old versions. Load only the new versions. And you will never have to do this routine again.
And I think Moog-Music changed all the patches availble at their site. If not, then its about the time to do so NOW !
(and make the old version for OS 1.x availble for not yet updated Voyagers with a warning for the OS 2.x users)
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

Gedya

Post by Gedya » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:50 am

Thank you my friend...I'll try that.
Gedya