A few tips..please

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
OBBOB

Vger with softsynths

Post by OBBOB » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:30 pm

[quote]Here's something I discovered by accident - If you use software with softsynths, play the moog into a channel that has a softsynth running at the same time. The moog should fire the it, giving you the moog sound and the softsynth sound together. This gave me a kind of pseudo-polyphony, and the moog did a good job of covering up the digital sheen. tunedLow wrote

8) Thankx...I also used the N.I. B4 with the Emerson basics and on the Vger the Brain salad patch. I also used the feed back practice and used a pedal for env. gate to sustain at will...I found that the Voyager will play polifiany still playing the voyagers patch in mono...this was a lot of fun. Again, thanks for some thoughts and fun...obbob

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 am

If you're not handy with a soldering iron, you can still make a insert-signal-without-interrupt 'cable' by combining the recommended Hosa adapter, a 1/4' 'Y' adapter and a short patch cord.

No soldering, and you have the flexibility of 'with interrupt' or 'without interrupt' connections depending on how you use the adapters.