Voyager Presets - How to download them (from a PC) ?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Ricky Seraphico

Voyager Presets - How to download them (from a PC) ?

Post by Ricky Seraphico » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:09 pm

I have just bought my Voyager Anniversay Edition, and like many people out there, was not overly impressed with the factory sounds, some good ones, but expected more quite frankly. But I have downloaded (onto PC) some new sound banks presets from the website, only that I haven't got a clue as to how I actually download them onto my Moog. I use a PC, and Cakewalk's Sonar (ver. 401), but it won't recognise the files (which is a .MID file, really do not understand that!).

I also have and will be using my trusted old Alesis DATA disk to catalogue and keep all of my new sounds, although that is probably very long winded (again, where do I get the PC version from?).

I have also just read on the forum that some of these sound banks were made quite a while ago (before 2.5), so do I have to watch for that too? Which of the 6 banks available can I actually rely will work on 2.5?

I am after (mostly) great (and fat) Synth Bass sounds (for mostly Dance music that will cut through any mix!!) as well as great Lead Sounds too, any ideas?

Mant thanks!!

Ricky Seraphico

tunedLow

Post by tunedLow » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:12 pm

While I've been using the voyager editer for this task, I did it once using a program called Midi Ox. I believe it's free.