minimoog [email protected] this a joke?!!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
goldphinga

minimoog [email protected] this a joke?!!

Post by goldphinga » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:43 am

I was browsing harmony central and came across this review. i cant believe what this guy is saying and am inclined to think it a wind up but if not this guys got serious issues!

-Price Paid: US $0. I found it in the garbage (now I know why!) used

-Ease of Use: 1
I can't understand this machine because it is too powerful for my mind capabilities. Although "Mini" it's a giant to figure out.

-Features: N/A
This thing is horrible! My radioshack $20 keyboard has more possibilities than this. No Midi = More sh**ty. It doesn't even have built in speakers! I had to buy $25 computer monitors, $25!!!! What a waste of good money, I could of bought a slegehammer to finish the job that must be done. When I sit in on my couch and see the Mini Mess, It just seems to be calling my name and saying, "Kill me, take away the horrible horrible pain!"

-Expressiveness/Sounds: 2
Most unrealistic sounds I have heard in my life, when I first plugged it in to my $25 speakers ($25!!!!) I literally thought the speakers were melting. One note polyphony....What??? The piano sound didn't sound ANYTHIING like a piano. God created pianos to sound rich and elegant, Moog.... you have just created the anti-christ, cheers.

-Reliability: 1
After 10 minutes of use it started making this strange noise, then it started smoking and my smoke detector went of, and then I thought, "Gee, at least this annoying alarm doesn't sound as bad as that that Moog over there". The only thing that this is reliable for is for using it as a fog machine at a lazer light show. Take caution because vintage synths are known for starting on fire and exploding.
-

Customer Support: 10
Oh yes... they were so kind and friendly to tell me that to repair my mini moog, that it would cost $50!!!!!!!!!! (and remember, i already threw $25 into this vicious cycle just to hear a "piano") Beware of the Moog, they just break and cause you to lose your money.

-Overall Rating: 4
If you see a Mini Moog anytime in your life, run. By the way, when you play chords, it only makes one note. What??? Is that what you call a chord Moog? If thats a chord, then I'm superman.

Also, it's so ugly! Get your hands on some of the sleek and smooth keyboards (I prefer Casio) Plus, whats up with the wood? Everybody knows that plastics make it possible. If I could wish anything it could have, it would have to be a self-terminate button, and possibly built in speakers, so I could hear it die with clarity.

I threw this "digital piano" out on the third day I got it.

Submitted by Steve Springer at 01/01/2005 21:15
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:59 am

Sounds like a joke to me, and a funny one.

Or this bloke could have genuinely found a discarded Minimoog that wasn't working properly.

sundaeclubber

Post by sundaeclubber » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:13 am

Boeing 737-400 wrote:Sounds like a joke to me, and a funny one.

Or this bloke could have genuinely found a discarded Minimoog that wasn't working properly.
It's a wind-up.... And yes, quite a good one too! He almost got Goldphinga!
Sundae Club* http://www.s-club.co.uk
Moog-Filled Album "TECHNOSTALGIA"
from
http://www.cdbaby.com/sundaeclub
and in your local iTunes store

http://www.myspace.com/sundaeclub

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:27 am

it is funny but i almost starting getting angry when i first read it!!! i love how he describes it as a digital piano. more comedy please. :D
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:29 am

sundaeclubber wrote:
Boeing 737-400 wrote:Sounds like a joke to me, and a funny one.

It's a wind-up.... And yes, quite a good one too! He almost got Goldphinga!
It almost beats your views on the Pro-One! :wink:

sundaeclubber

Post by sundaeclubber » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:57 pm

Ha ha!

Still not decided whether to sell that machine!
It's currently in the possession of Exile Inside

Take a listen. There's sometimes an mp3 or two on the site!
Sundae Club* http://www.s-club.co.uk
Moog-Filled Album "TECHNOSTALGIA"
from
http://www.cdbaby.com/sundaeclub
and in your local iTunes store

http://www.myspace.com/sundaeclub

Purusha

Post by Purusha » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:02 am

There are some people *really* having a poke at the Voyager on there though...

Seems like people are upset because it's not a Model D.

It's an instruments in its own right to my mind.

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:55 am

exactly.the voyager is an instrument in its own right AND it can sound like just about any monosynth out there. the "its not as fat as a minimoog argument"holds no weight for me.the number of problems i had gigging minimoog and source mean those old synths are purely studio based these days.the voyager can do any task asked of it.the only other synth still rocking it in my studio from that era is the korg ms20 which still has the craziest filters ive heard.