other preset banks?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
thebedroom

other preset banks?

Post by thebedroom » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:50 pm

I know the moog is for tweaking which is why I bought it. After trying out the anniversary edition presets, I couldn't wait to write over most of them. Don't get me wrong, there are of course a few standouts and many decent sounds but by and large I was not all that impressed.

Has anyone tried out any of the other banks on offer?

Anything hidden gems in them or a particular standout bank?

Just curious and I would rather not go through them if the concensus is negative towards them.

Thanks
mark

tunedLow

Post by tunedLow » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:36 am

Whether or not you like a preset is completely subjective. I wasn't crazy about the presets that came with the Performer version, and preferred those you mentioned. They're easy to put on and take off anyway, so try them all. Going with the concensus is often a bad idea - if too many people like what you're doing, you're probably doing something wrong. ;)

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:14 pm

Bed -

I went through all Voyager banks and wrote down the presets I liked. Then, one by one, I created my own soundbank by uploading individual presets to the Voyager. From there, I tweaked some of the presets to my own taste. Now I have a bank I'm truely happy with.

Would suggest you consider investing the time to put you own custom bank together, along with your own patches. The results are well worth the time.

Cheers!

- G

thebedroom

Post by thebedroom » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:06 pm

thats my plan. actually after a second go round through the anniversary edition presets (now having a better grasp on mudulation busses and shapers) I am finding quite a few I quite like. I plan on trying out one set a week from here and writing down my faves and I have already created a few sounds on my own they I am pleased with. I have waited almost a decade for a minimoog and I must say it was well worth the wait, those knobs sure do feel splendid.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:55 am

<< I have waited almost a decade for a minimoog and I must say it was well worth the wait, those knobs sure do feel splendid. >>

Only ten? I've been lusting after one since 1974 - thirty years! Glad I waited, though, because my Minimoog Voyager has features that I couldn't have even dreamed about back then!

To say that I'm happy with my Voyager simply doesn't do it justice - I smile every time I see it. It's analogous to having a Porsche sports car sitting in your driveway: you may not drive it every day, but you always take pleasure knowing that you own one!

Cheers!

- G

countlove

Post by countlove » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:39 pm

Where do you go for more Moog soundbanks? and how do you make them? my moog never came with a CD or cables to hook into the pc..

I am pretty Green.

Count

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:17 am

Count -

Right here:

http://www.moogmusic.com/detail.php?pro ... &x=112&y=6

There are four factory sound banks for the Voyager. You can load them using MIDIOX (PC) or SysEx Librarian (Mac).

Cheers!

G