Voyager interfacing with other synth ???'s

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
donato

Voyager interfacing with other synth ???'s

Post by donato » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:16 pm

Hi. I have the Voyager with the cp-251 and 351. I am looking at possibly picking up the Vermona Perfourmer www.vermona.com. My question is this: There are two versions. One with standard CV / GATE inputs (1V per octave) for each synthesizer channel, and one without that option. What abilities would I have with the CV/Gate inputs rather than without. Thanks!

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:09 pm

D-

I took a quick look at the Perfourmer. If I understand correctly, the CV/Gate option means one CV/Gate for each oscilllator in the box. Having individual CV's for each of the four oscillators should give you much more flexibilty than just the MIDI alone. This would be especially desirable for interfacing to a modular system, or a system like yours. I don't how the Perfourmer MIDI control is configured, so the specific benefits of CV's over MIDI aren't clear. Hopefully, when you add the CV/Gate option, you don't lose MIDI. Would be great to have both, IMO.

Have you also considered a PolyEvolver? It's a four voice version of the Evolver. It doesn't offer CV control, but is quite flexible and may offer more/different features than the Perfoumer. You might like it better. The Poly is reviewed in the December 2004 SOS.

Worth a look before you commit your $

- Greg

donato

Post by donato » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:05 pm

Yeah, I have an online subscription to SOS. The PolyEvolver interests me a great deal on paper. However, despite hearing an abundance of demo's, I really just don't like the sound. The Perfourmer while very limited, is much more organic. Thanks for the replay btw.