Control Animoog in a DAW - How?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
johnghadimi

Control Animoog in a DAW - How?

Post by johnghadimi » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi;

I would love to find out a workflow on how to bring in Animoog into my DAW to be able to use it as an external instrument. I'm currently using Reason, but this is purely an inquiry into how to do this for any DAW. As I understand it, Animoog does not support Link, so is there any other method this can be achieved? Is anyone else doing this? Would appreciate some guidance. LOVE this instrument. :) Thank you.

John

Toderz

Re: Control Animoog in a DAW - How?

Post by Toderz » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:01 pm

There are two apps that I know of that will allow you to do this.

1. Studiomux - this is the one I have and it works. Little finicky sometimes but it works well.

2. musicIO - does the same thing and I've heard it is a little finicky at times too.

They are both $10. You will have to download a host and VST (free from respective app's website) on the computer side of things for either app I believe.

The apps make it possible to do MIDI and audio over the lightning to USB cable.

When you record a midi clip/track it will send the midi over USB to animoog and the audio back to your DAW. You can send midi and audio both ways with these apps. So your iOS device could be used as an effect as well. Not sure how clunky you're willing to get with it, though. Would be nice if Animoog were available as a VST. I'd pay well for it!

Cheers,
Toderz

PS- Did I mention I'd pay well for an Animoog VST? Hint hint, guys :)