Filtatron/ad-hoc network

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
JScattaregia

Filtatron/ad-hoc network

Post by JScattaregia » Tue May 26, 2015 11:20 am

Wondering if anyone's had any luck controlling Filtatron's parameters over a network/computer-computer connection. I don't know much about
TCP/IP settings, but this is where all the forums I've been through the past 3 days have gotten me to so far-just trying to configure up some
meaningless combination of numbers. I have been reading up on basics of IP, subnet mask and such things, but this does not seem to be helping.
There is obviously something that's not basic that I'm overlooking.

A Facebook friend of mine who I think knows more about networking than I do said I should be trying to use manual settings for the IP configurations, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure for this ad-hoc network to work between 2 devices, such as my iMac and iPhone 6 with latest update wether or not I meet to run an ethernet cable out of my router or not. So far, both ways my iMac has been able to see my iPhone once I create a network to link the two, but that's all. They can see each other, but they won't talk. Thanks.