Animoog solos and other publicly available Animoog tracks

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Satri

Animoog solos and other publicly available Animoog tracks

Post by Satri » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:17 pm

Yeah, I hate the idea of self-promotion. But hey, if you're reading this, you're likely to be an Animoog fan just like me!

The part that is not about me: you'll find quite a lot tracks which leverage the creativeness of Animoog here: https://soundcloud.com/groups/animoog-music (I'm not related to that group other than being a new contributor) - over there, you'll find over 400 user-contributed tracks that uses Animoog in one way or another. There's also the Animoog group, moderated by Moog Music itself: https://soundcloud.com/groups/animoog - there's another 250+ Animoog-related tracks over there too.

The part that is about what I do with Animoog is this: https://soundcloud.com/lordsatri - I uploaded 35 tracks so far. All without exception are Animoog-only, all with a single track and recorded in a single take, with presets provided by Moog or users from this forum (thanks for sharing your presets!). Those tracks are not songs, but I like them enough to want to share them with other Animoog fans. I refer to them as my Unanimoog improvisations - all free under a creative commons license. They vary quite a lot in style and rhythm, so you may want to listen to a few of them to get a better idea of the lot. That's it, hope you'll enjoy :-)

If any of you know where to find other Animoog-related tracks, count me as interested and please tell us where they hide! Cheers -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

cb1

Re: Animoog solos and other publicly available Animoog track

Post by cb1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:11 pm

I like your Unanimoog concept. Nice short tracks.
Is there a specific reason you use presets instead of your own sounds?

Satri

Post by Satri » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Thanks cb1 :-)

One thing I forgot: just like anything Animoog, those tracks sound much better with headphones.

Why presets? A few reasons I guess;
* I have enough fun at the moment playing with existing presets (quite a few user-contributed and not from Moog) - hundreds of them to explore!
* Creating presets requires time, knowledge and interest, I haven't built enough knowledge yet to create /carve sounds myself with Animoog in an efficient way
* Time (and priority) - having two young daughters, a loving wife, a full time job and way too many projects, when I have time to devote to music, I find an Animoog preset and try to do something interesting with it

Cheers -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

cb1

Post by cb1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:08 am

Yeah, I mostly wear headphones when doing music on the ipad.

I see your points about using presets. It's cool cause you include the preset name on soundcloud, so listeners can look up the same preset. Besides, Animoog has got good presets, much better then some other iOS synths.

Do you have the Metallic expansion pack? I think it would sound nice with your style.

Satri

Post by Satri » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:29 am

cb1 wrote:It's cool cause you include the preset name on soundcloud, so listeners can look up the same preset.
Yeah, a friend asked for it. Now I'm writing them down every time. I wasn't for most of last year's impros...
cb1 wrote:Do you have the Metallic expansion pack? I think it would sound nice with your style.
I have all Animoog presets I'm aware of - including Metallic. You just encouraged me to go back to these ones for my next exploration session! :-) (that's usually one Friday night out of two)

Thanks for the feedback cb1 -- Alex