Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

Animoog MIDI

Share Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.

Animoog MIDI

Postby xopianoi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:16 am

Today I connected my iPhone 4 to a new Tascam iU2 for the first time!
The first app I tried was Animoog, which works quite well.
With the help of this forum I figured out how to change the mod settings in animoog so that what was controlled by polypressure can be controlled by velocity or channel pressure (seems to be like aftertouch) or both.

I think it's important that we're able to tweak knobs in Animoog by turning knobs on the MIDI controller.. MIDI Control Change messages I think I read somewhere here that that feature is planned for a near-future update.. great!
I noticed that the midi keyboard plays chromatic notes regardless of the Animoog KB Scale.. that makes some sense, but I think it's important to have a 'scale lock' feature so that MIDI notes played which are not on the Animoog KB Scale simply sound the next available note (lower rather than higher pitch makes sense to me).

This is especially important to me as I'm building a ribbon controller with pressure sensitivity for use with Animoog. I think I can configure the pressure sensor to transmit velocity or channel pressure messages so that should work nicely, but it will need to adhere to the Animoog KB Scale, rather than play chromatically as I move up the ribbon.

Thank you for taking a moment to read this!
Xo
xopianoi

Return to Moog Apps