T1

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
synthguy1

T1

Post by synthguy1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:00 pm

In 1975 I purchased a set of T1 bass pedals. I've had them ever since, although they have been somewhat modified since 1975. The key switches back then were these wire type things, kind of like a 'J wire'. They were manufactured by the Thomas Organ company. After years and years, they became extremely unreliable and no amount of cleaning/treating could bring them back to life 100%. I purchased a micro switch key-bed from Kevin Lightner, (may he R.I.P.)
and rather then just removing the old and installing the new, I took it a step further. Instead of having the new micro switches trigger the device directly, I had them trigger a set of 13 relays which in turn would do the triggering. I then paralleled this to a pair of D-sub 25 connectors, modified an old ELKA pedal-board, also with a micro switch keybed that I built from the old Thomas 'wire switch keybed. And, also a keyboard from a Satellite. This allowed me to play the T1's from 2 pedalboards and a regular keyboard. If I was using a scaled down rig, another person on stage could play my T1's using the remote pedalboard. I could always fire them with my feet or my hands, whichever was convenient or just plain simpler. With the full rig, I could play the T1's from either tier and/or the remote keyboard.
28-01-12_1345.jpg
It's really cool. Had a set of T3's: didn't like 'em at all. T1 kicks ass!
Cheers,
synthguy1