Minitaur with Beatstep Pro (CV/Gate)

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
ghellatmaian

Minitaur with Beatstep Pro (CV/Gate)

Post by ghellatmaian » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:16 am

Hi, i'm new to this forum, also new to analog synthesis. Yesterday it was the first time i connected the Minitaur to the CV/Gate outs of the BP, and this is what happens: After note calibrations, reading for hours the net, etc, i can't obtain a C0,1,2 etc note when i press the C note pad on the BP. The Minitaur goes in tune only if i set the Seq1/2 CV note to G# in the Beatstep Pro software .. Unfortunately i don't understand much of this but it works .. I just wonder how to set the BP note to C and have a .. C on the Minitaur too? :)) … i own a vermona perforumer quad synth too, and when i connect it trough the CV/Gate to the BP, a C is always a C .. this confuses me for good :)

Please explain me what is going on when i set the G# in the BP and the Minitaur sounds in tune and If i leave the BP settings to C(0,1etc) for example an A on the BP will sound as C# trough the Minitaur …?

Thanks

PS. i downloaded everything new from the Moog website, run everything, reset, erased etc .. in the mean time i read everywhere that the Minitaur is out of tune anyways trough the CV/Gate until an update will come out ..

ghellatmaian

Re: Minitaur with Beatstep Pro (CV/Gate)

Post by ghellatmaian » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:00 pm

I reinstalled the firmware of the Beatstep Pro, with the Minitaur left plugged in the CV/Gate inputs, and now everything is how it should be. Can't understand why … but now the Beatstep Pro's C0 corresponds to all synths.

I dreamed that i finally got ride of computer music .. but these toys are just as stupid and moody .. at least real analog synths sound great.