Minitaur software upgrade

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
PAIAkid1973

Minitaur software upgrade

Post by PAIAkid1973 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 am

I downloaded the "Minitaur_V2_1_WIN" upgrade so I could access some of the advanced functions.
But, it comes in compressed form and when i try to unzip it, it asks for a password.
I have tried everything that I can think of like passwords to the forum and MoogMusic.com.
Nothing has worked.
Any ideas,

PAIAkid1973
Moog Minitaur, Korg MS-20, Korg Poly 61, Roland MC-303, Roland JD-xi, Peavey DualDeltaFex, Ibanez ES2, Arturia Beatstep Pro, Arturia Beatstep, Korg SQ-1, MIDI keyboard, a pile of patch cords

PAIAkid1973

Re: Minitaur software upgrade

Post by PAIAkid1973 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:47 am

Update, the file suddenly decided to decompress without a password.
Who knows?

But, now the Symantic Endpoint protection decided that the Windows USB MIDI driver file was infected with
"Trojan.GEN.SMH." which is touted to be a common false positive when I GOOGLE it.

It has been repeatedly quarantined in my computer.

I am not planning on using a computer at all with the Minitaur, except for installing updates.

This will not be a problem, will it.

Thanks,
PAIAkid1973
Moog Minitaur, Korg MS-20, Korg Poly 61, Roland MC-303, Roland JD-xi, Peavey DualDeltaFex, Ibanez ES2, Arturia Beatstep Pro, Arturia Beatstep, Korg SQ-1, MIDI keyboard, a pile of patch cords

Control_Voltage

Re: Minitaur software upgrade

Post by Control_Voltage » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi Guys!

Andy from Moog Tech Support here!

This is a common problem with Norton’s(and occasionally other anti-virus software) heuristic virus detection which simply looks for certain functionality in programs(adding .dlls, adjusting the registry etc.) and often results in false positives when people try to install our Editors. You can rest assured that all Moog software is free of viruses as long as you are downloading it from our website. Do not download Moog software from other websites, as there is always the possibility(however unlikely) that some script kiddie could tamper with the code and embed a virus into the application.

In answer to the second question, you will not need the Editor to do the firmware updates, they are handled using a separate freeware application and .syx files.

Thanks!
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.