Minitaur: Controlling VCO2 Octave with EP-3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
docaquatic

Minitaur: Controlling VCO2 Octave with EP-3

Post by docaquatic » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Need some help!

I'm using a PK-5 to send MIDI note info to my minitaur... during performance, sometimes I want the VCO2 an octave up for "part a" then an octave down for "part b", until now I've just been doing this manually but I don't always have a free hand.

I've tried hooking up the ep-3 to a cv input and changing the internal routing to VCO2 octave - works great - BUT I still want the minitaur to follow what notes I'm sending from the PK-5 and currently plugging in the ep-3 only gives me whatever note that its voltage corresponds to.

Is what I'm trying to do acheivable? I've thought about a latching footswitch that would just send it a command to be up/down octave but wouldn't it be fixed at the same pitch?
- Doc Aquatic -
Asheville, NC
Bandcamp
Soundcloud

bichuelo

Re: Minitaur: Controlling VCO2 Octave with EP-3

Post by bichuelo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:03 pm

I will try later with my EP-3 to see if I manage to make it work. However I wonder, aren't you able to send program changes from the PK-5?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

jsharpphoto

Re: Minitaur: Controlling VCO2 Octave with EP-3

Post by jsharpphoto » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:19 pm

My guess would be similar to above, make two copies of the same patch, with different octave settings, then use a program change to toggle back and forth.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2