Problems with intalling firmware and editor/librarian

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
lazy m beats

Problems with intalling firmware and editor/librarian

Post by lazy m beats » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:28 pm

Hello,

I am completely new doing anything like this so if anyone could lend some advice it would be much appreciated.

I can't seem to access the minitaur editor and I wouldn't even know where to find it if I could install it? I'm a Mac Logic Pro X user...would I find it in the instrument plug-in slot? The FX slots? Is the minotaur editor/librarian a separate application that I could run stand alone? I have no idea!

I have followed the steps with the firmware update. When I open sysex librarian, however, I can't see Minitaur in the destination menu. Instead of saying minitaur, when I connect the synth via usb I see a new option in the destination drop down that is simply called "In".

Because I had seen the "In" pop up into the drop down menu only when I connected the minitauar, I assumed that this was the minitaur when where I was supposed to be running the .syx (Minitaur_eraseFW & Minitaur_firmware_2_1_1).

Now I am having a strange problem where I can't hear anything coming out of the main out of my minitaur :(

Any suggestions would be much appreciated for a noob.