Polychaining two Minitaurs

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
DMichaelJohnson

Polychaining two Minitaurs

Post by DMichaelJohnson » Sun May 24, 2015 1:52 pm

I see the last update on the minitaur includes polychaining. I've seen the videos on polychaining the slims; very, very cool. The polychaining on the slims is just connecting MIDI throughs to MIDI ins down the line and then going in to the editor and setting the sequential number for each synth in the chain. How would this work with two (or more) Minitaurs? ...the Minitaur only has a MIDI in and no "through"? Thanks so much for anyone's help. I've searched high and low for this and can't find a definitive answer....
Minimoog Reissue, Sub37, SubPhatty, (2x) Sirins, (2x) Minitaurs, (2x) MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-107, MF-108M, Mini-boost, Mini-ring, Mini-trem, (2x) Mini-drive, Mini-delay, Mini-chorus, Mini-flange

DMichaelJohnson

Re: Polychaining two Minitaurs

Post by DMichaelJohnson » Tue May 26, 2015 8:49 pm

I've contacted Moog with this question and will post when I hear back. I am guessing it will be MIDI in to the first Minitaur and then USB from that Minitaur in to the second Minitaur since all MIDI can be sent via USB.
Minimoog Reissue, Sub37, SubPhatty, (2x) Sirins, (2x) Minitaurs, (2x) MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-107, MF-108M, Mini-boost, Mini-ring, Mini-trem, (2x) Mini-drive, Mini-delay, Mini-chorus, Mini-flange

CleverConQueso

Post by CleverConQueso » Wed May 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Found this -

• Poly Voice Number / Max: You can now “Poly Chain” your Minitaur in combination with up to 16 other Moog synths (Little or Slim Phatty; soon to include Sub Phatty and Sub 37 as well). Just send the same MIDI notes to all units, set the Poly Voice Max equal to the total number of synths in the chain, and set each synth to a unique Poly Voice Number. Poly Voice Number = OFF disables poly mode, and is the default setting.

http://www.moogmusic.com/sites/default/ ... ndum_U.pdf

I read it as you send all of the data to all of the synths, the synths number the held notes and take the note corresponding to the number assigned as its poly chain ID.

Was hoping one could chain one off the next, but of course, there's no MIDI out on the Mititaurs.

DMichaelJohnson

Post by DMichaelJohnson » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:28 am

Yes, thank you, I've read through all this. Is it possible with two Minitaurs to send MIDI in to the first one and then link this first one to the second one via USB to poly chain them together?

DMichaelJohnson

Post by DMichaelJohnson » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:18 pm

For those interested in this... I just heard from Andy Hughes at Moog:

"You would need to run a 5 pin DIN MIDI cable to a MIDI splitter from your controller keyboard, and then individual DIN cables to each Minitaur. You would also have to hook each Minitaur up to the computer and configure the poly settings with the Editor software."

Go team!