Well im at my wits end. It wont stay tuned.

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
elppen

Well im at my wits end. It wont stay tuned.

Post by elppen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Ive tried pot calibrations and the note calibration sysex files. It does fine for a while then *POOF* out of tune. Ive updated my firmware to the newest version. I simply think this lovely beast is broken. I suspected that MAYBE my slim phattys auto tune function was doing this (with no data supporting it) but i tuned it last night played with just fine all night not involving the slim phatty in any way. Then fire it up today and its out of tune again? Am i simply forced to tune this thing every time i use it, then maybe tune it again while using it? Seems broken? Any tips would be much appreciated. :D

_DemonDan_

Re: Well im at my wits end. It wont stay tuned.

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:37 am

elppen wrote:It does fine for a while then *POOF* out of tune... I've updated my firmware to the newest version. Am I simply forced to tune this thing every time I use it, then maybe tune it again while using it? Seems broken? Any tips would be much appreciated.
Hi elppen,
My thoughts go to two things:
A potentiometer is wiggy, or you're getting an unwanted MIDI message from somewhere.

I know you normally need to have external MIDI to run the Minitaur but, if you have the latest OS (v2.1.1), you can lock the Gate open manually by holding GLIDE, then turning AMPLIFIER EG SUSTAIN knob fully counter-clockwise, then fully clockwise.

You'll now have a constant drone.

Make sure the Minitaur is initially in tune and then leave it. (Keep the speaker levels very low as loud unchanging low notes can overheat your speakers.

If the Minitaur never goes out of tune, it might be a clue that it's MIDI.

Put a computer in between your normal MIDI source and your Minitaur. Use some free MIDI monitoring software (MIDI Monitor for Mac, MIDI Ox for PC) and look for unwanted MIDI messages that might be causing trouble.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _