Minitaur Midi Doubts

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
patobrujo

Minitaur Midi Doubts

Post by patobrujo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi Guys, i'm the proud owner of a T3, but i'm considering getting a MT + foot controller just for the weight of the T3 + case. I had a few doubts on the Minitaur that are important to decide if it's an alternative to my current set up:

I understand there's a new versión of the MT software that allows to store presets on the MT, can i send program change messages to the MT via MIDI?
Can i reproduce the T3 sounds on the MT?
Can the MT work without being connected to a computer?

Thanks for your help!!
..::PATOBRUJO::..

till

Re: Minitaur Midi Doubts

Post by till » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:42 pm

patobrujo wrote:I understand there's a new versión of the MT software that allows to store presets on the MT, can i send program change messages to the MT via MIDI?
yes.
But you can't see what you selected, as there is no indication where you are (in the preset memory).
Can i reproduce the T3 sounds on the MT?
yes, very easy. But the look and feel of an instrument will change the way you sue it. So you really need to think T3 to do it right.
Can the MT work without being connected to a computer?
yes, sure. It just need some MIDI notes via MIDI or USB-MIDI.

If you are going to use this as bass pedal synth, you better get a real T3. Playing T3 sound with a keyboard is somewhat different.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

patobrujo

Re: Minitaur Midi Doubts

Post by patobrujo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Till, thanks a lot for your answers!!
..::PATOBRUJO::..